Alessandro MS Pros have arrived/Alessandro Discussion thread
Apr 3, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #31 of 39
Nope of course not. The MS Pros in Taiwan are directly imported from U.S. The reason why Steele couldn't find the differences may be because the RS-1 was not fully broken in, or the other factors like being busy and etc. Don't worry, there is absolutely no problem for the MS Pros and RS-1s in Taiwan.

Apr 3, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #32 of 39
There was also the problem where I thought one of the drivers was wonky, almost as if it was slower than the other and lagging behind. This probably detracted from the experience, which was why I wasnt able to objectively compare them. They were definitely burned in though since that pair was probably HeadRoom's demo pair. It was a little haggard looking, maybe it was Tyll's very first RS-1.
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #33 of 39
i was in the same position as u kunwar, just with a smaller budget :p , beaing in New Zealand the only grados ive seen where the SR125s and they were at a rediculous price, so i went for the MS-1s as they were only 1/3 of the price, and free shipping :>

just wondering (mayb for a future upgrade) about the outer appearance on the MS-Pros, its just that the only picture of em ive seen is the real small on on the alessandro page. Its just that the wood looks kinda dark and plasticy in that picture, just wondering if it looks much better in real life, or say its look compared to the RS-1s, which to me look pwetty ^ ^

Yea i know its just looks but id like to know nevertheless : >

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by swee

just wondering (mayb for a future upgrade) about the outer appearance on the MS-Pros, its just that the only picture of em ive seen is the real small on on the alessandro page. Its just that the wood looks kinda dark and plasticy in that picture, just wondering if it looks much better in real life, or say its look compared to the RS-1s, which to me look pwetty ^ ^

The MS Pro looks exactly like the RS-1. There are no cosmetic differences, except that the MS Pro does not have the wooden button that says "RS-1" on the outside of the cup.

Apr 3, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #35 of 39
as hirsch said they are exactly the same minus the button on the grill.
they are well put together and sound real nice now all i need is some senn pads cos' the grado pads are like a bit expensive.
i mean doh.. compared to the MSP they are peanuts but yeah i think i will stick to the bowls.
i do like the sense of space they give. I inverted the bowls onthe MSP's and noticed that instruments seemed to mix up , not as distinct, kind of like crossfeed
its like auditioning speakers . when they are close together sometimes its harder to tell where the instruments are depending on how close together they are..
will elaborate later.

cheers
Kunwar

Apr 4, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #37 of 39
The MS-Pro's that I've seen/heard had a darker stain on the wood (more of a reddish tone) than the RS-1's.

Apr 4, 2004 at 8:41 AM Post #38 of 39
something i have noticed with almost all the grado models is how the stitching sometimes is not perfect.
the leather bads are stitched together properly but the end of the threads are not terminted.
then again nothing a little glue doesn't fix
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back