Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Oct 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #46 of 522
They're all incredibly clear. Marc does a great job. I love my RSMs so much I ordered a second set.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #49 of 522
I'm debating between the Reference and the RSM Quad. Are the improvements worth the $250, a 63% increase in cost? Like, does the addition of the single mid-range driver improve the sound, relative to the cost? 

I listen to a lot of different music: pop, piano, hip-hop, rock, a bit of orchestra, and even a little spoken word poetry. What I want is clarity most of all; I like bright (but not sibilance-prone) highs, clear mids, and a punchy, but controlled low-end. I'm coming from Etymotic HF5s, which had ridiculously amazing clarity, but the bass was always a bit weak at lower volumes. 

This will be my first CIEM and I don't want to overspend, but I also don't want to buy another set for a long time, either.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #50 of 522
I had their model Reference also, but not at the same time with my RSM Quads. So I couldn't do proper AB comparison. RSM Quad is like improved Reference. Better micro-detail, higher clarity, tighter bass, more air at highs. The biggest problem with Reference is center off soundstage. If you want something from Alclair Audio to enjoy music take RSM Quads. Need more bass? Then Crankmaster 5000 is it. For around $400 I would probably take Noble 4 universal (if only sound matters and you don't need custom fit). If it has to be from Alclair take RSM Quads, you won't regret it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #51 of 522
lithrai nailed it spot on.  The RSM is an improved Reference.  The Reference will make you very happy, however.  It's not until you compare the two side by side where the true capabilities of the RSM shine.  

I am using a Forza Audio Works cable at the moment and it is a nice improvement over the stock cable.  There are upgrade paths after your initial purchase.  

ikjadoon, what kind of gear would be using with your IEMs?

lithrai, sweet artwork on your new ears!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #54 of 522
Not that lwells isn't a PRO, but here is a professional review I just saw http://www.headfonia.com/alclair-rsm-mild-wild/ 

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #55 of 522
Jan 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #56 of 522
I feel that this review is in agreement with mine. Does this mean that I'm a pro now?
smily_headphones1.gif
There's a reason why I owe two sets of these!

I'm looking forward to Jude getting a set.

Haha, good point!  I guess you are officially qualified.  What gear is up next on your test bench?

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #57 of 522
My new shells from Alclair Audio

What finish is that? They look great and I am just about to order either a pair of the Reference or RSM's, the ability to upgrade is also very attractive! Thanks.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #58 of 522
These are very tempting....I've been looking at all kinds of IEM's lately.  Hmmm.  

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #59 of 522
Another review is out there.

http://blog.pclab.pl/violator/Alclair.RSM.Quad-test.Zacne.uniwersalne.granie,541

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #60 of 522
Another review is out there.

http://blog.pclab.pl/violator/Alclair.RSM.Quad-test.Zacne.uniwersalne.granie,541

Anybody care to translate, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back