Albums that DESERVE a proper remaster
Dec 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

chinesekiwi

Headphoneus Supremus
So, what albums, in your opinion, deserve a proper non-Loudness War'ed remaster but haven't been remastered as of yet?

For me, the low-fi yet so good

Wu-Tang Clan 'Enter the 36 Chambers'.

Low-fi yet musically yet one of the best hip-hop albums of all time.
I would love to hear a great remaster of this album to give this album proper justice.
You?

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 26
Miles Davis, Kind of Blue with some audio scraping and cleaning, the recording that time makes the entire album sound like it was recorded outside in the rain, which is part of it's feeling

Frank Sinatra, In the wee hours, to equal out the volume

Chris Botti, Live in Boston, needs some TLC

The Planets OP 32, all of the albums because there isn't much out

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 26
Pretty much the entire Flaming Lips catalog. I think SACDs would turn a tidy profit for them, as well. I'd pay $30-$40 for a well-done Yoshimi.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 26
red hot chili peppers jupiter, mars, californatication

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 26
Deftones - Adrenaline.

One of my favorite albums of all time.  The problem is to me it always sounded a bit tinny and small. 
I always thought songs that hit as hard as those for me could use a little more aural punch.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 26
Anthrax - Persistence of Time

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
aroldan said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

All Led Zeppelin albums, specially Led Zeppelin I

These need remixing so badly!

Quote:
buffalowings said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

red hot chili peppers jupiter, mars, californatication

Stadium Arcadium has had a proper release on vinyl.

Quote:
Miles Davis, Kind of Blue with some audio scraping and cleaning, the recording that time makes the entire album sound like it was recorded outside in the rain, which is part of it's feeling

Frank Sinatra, In the wee hours, to equal out the volume

Chris Botti, Live in Boston, needs some TLC

The Planets OP 32, all of the albums because there isn't much out

Kind of Blue, the Legacy Edition is the best you will find on CD format. The Japan SACD is a flat transfer from the three-tracks. They all need some restoration IMHO. There is also a remaster by Pristine Audio which has alleviated many of these small problems.

For Frank Sinatra's "In The Wee..", you can find a flat transfer of the master tape (and best sounding version) on the Alan Dell 22CD UK EMI Boxset. Check ebay as people routinely part these out.

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #12 of 26
the first 3 Judas Priest albums... especially sin after sin

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #14 of 26
The entire Capitol & Reprise output of Frank Sinatra in both mono and stereo.

The entire Capitol & Reprise output of Dean Martin in both mono and stereo.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication but pretty much anything after Mother's Milk. Would love to see a greatest hits comp put out by Audio Fidelity!

A proper digital release of Louis Armstrong Plays King Oliver. An amazing recording but rarely heard.

TOOL - 10'000 Days could use a proper remaster especially if you compare it to the sound of the original ZOO CD's.

All of the Ella Fitzgerald songbooks deserve a proper stereo and mono release.

The Doors - The Doors in a proper digital mono release.

The original Star Wars soundtracks deserve a proper release either remixed from the multitracks or from what they used for the 70mm print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back