alarm-fi?
Jan 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #33 of 43
I use a cheap clock radio, tuned to Capital FM (just) on a medium volume. I am alway out of bed 30secs after it is off, and in the shower a min after.

If im in a real deep sleep/dream, sometimes my alarm radio mixes into my dream, and eventually I realise and wake up, normally 10mins late. Sometimes I turn it off in a semi-sleep, but both are very rare.

When i'm at my dads I use my phone with an MP3. Something that starts quietly, and gets louder.

The wrong alarm sound just pisses me off, and is a bad start to the day for me.

I suggest a pillow shaker. Don't risk damaging your hearing.

Matt

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #36 of 43
I use the alarm on my Casio watch. It beeps quietly for 10 seconds before it stops, and it's never failed to get me up.

Jan 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorta like Kramer. When I set my alarm clock, some how I end up setting some internal alarm clock and wake up 10-30 minuets before it goes off.

I do this too, but of course if I don't set an alarm I'll sleep well past when I was supposed to get up. On days where I want more sleep it can be incredibly annoying though, cause I'll often be wide awake and can't get back to sleep.

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #38 of 43
Jan 4, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #39 of 43
Ok, seriously, It took me 2 snooze hits on my alarm clock and 2 snooze hits on my iphone to wake up this morning. I guess I should exercise more or get one of those alarm clocks that drops a house shaking bomb sound.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #40 of 43
Hi. Can anyone help me pick up a bedside AM/FM Clock Radio. Few I have checked out are -

a) Tivoli Model 3
b) Sony ICF-C492
c) Sony ICF-C318 and C218

For obvious reasons, the Tivoli looks freaking elegant!!!

M3TPE_large-01.jpg

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #41 of 43
In high school, I bought a vacation timer and a clip lamp to attach to my headboard, setting the timer for 5 minutes after my alarm. If I didn't get up in time, I'd get 60 watts in the face. That did the trick every time.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #42 of 43
Haha thats a pretty good idea I will try it next year. Currently I use sleep FM and two huge speakers in my dorm to get myself and roommate up. Luckily I live somewhere where I can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back