Al last R10's are here!!
Jul 9, 2003 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Rob N

Headphoneus Supremus
Just arrived this AM.The ones I have are Ser No 1109

Two questions,how long does a new pair take to burn in?
What changes in sound is there going to be during burn in?

Jul 9, 2003 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 35
Congrats on your purchase! Hurry up and post some impressions, I'm looking for a couple more reasons to go ahead and order a pr.

Jul 9, 2003 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 35
we'd love to hear your impressions on the r10 vs rs1 vs 2002. feed us, father; feed us!!!

Jul 9, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Tina
we'd love to hear your impressions on the r10 vs rs1 vs 2002. feed us, father; feed us!!!

You forgot the HP1000 as well!

Jul 9, 2003 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 35
Looks like the UK head-fiers might want a meet to listen to the R10's
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the purchase.

Jul 9, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Rob N
You forgot the HP1000 as well!

u have that too? ok, i see the HP-2 in your profile. go go go!!!

Jul 9, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 35
Congrats on the R10!

I can't say much about burn-in. I got mine used, and the serial number is 13, from 1989. So, I suspect they had been well burned in when I got them
wink.gif

The R10 is going to be extraordinarily sensitive to the rest of your system, in particular the tubes used in your amps. There's an EAR HP4 tube rolling thread around somewhere that I need to post some updates on.

Jul 9, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 35
Yeah, I love reading about top-tier shoot-outs! Oh, and enjoy your new headphones.

Jul 9, 2003 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 35
Hi Hirsch,

I just have envied the pictures to your e-mail...

Best!
Nicola

-------------------------------

Congrats Rob N on your new R10... but now start a long "problem" for you... THE AMP FOR THE BEST CANS EVER MADE...

Very soon you can see the first pictures of my new Angstrom Research two box...

Good luck!

Nicola

Jul 9, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #11 of 35
HP2. i don't know how they sound (i've only heard Hp1s and 3s). but I'd like to know your impressions comparing them.

congrats on this mega purchase.

Jul 10, 2003 at 8:25 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Congrats, Rob N. What amp and source are you using for them

I've got an Earmax pro and EAR HP4 connected to an MF Tri Vista with Kimber Select 1011 cables

I've only tried them out with the EMP so far but here's a few thoughts.

I wonder how much the leather case costs on it's own!The English manual is a blue hardback A4 size (which was apparentely printed using a special 'art print' process).They certainly look impressive and big but are light and very comfortable,they don't clamp as tight as the AT2002,they seem enormous compared to the compact but heavy HP2!The wood on the R10's definitely looks better than the AT2002 which because of the amount of laquer doesn't even look like wood IMHO

These are only some brief sound quality comments

My initial impression of the sound is of a larger soundstage than the HP2 but with more detail.The bass is very good and so is the midrange.There is more treble extension than the HP2.At the moment they seem more analytical than the smoother more 'organic' HP2,this I expect may change after burn in.The AT2002 do share some of these qualities but less refined.

My one problem is the microphonic cord,rub it and it really sounds thru' the earpieces,the AT2002 also does this as well whereas the HP2 is much better with no sound when rubbed and only a slight noise when tapped.Has anyone else experienced this?

BTW Ian the HP2's would sound pretty much like the HP1 I would imagine!

Jul 10, 2003 at 8:34 AM Post #14 of 35
Congratulations. Maybe one day when I am a senior cardiologist, I'll get a pair myself!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back