Al last R10's are here!!
Jul 10, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #16 of 35
BTW the CD player and amps are connected to a PS Audio P600 via Kimber mains cables.

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:04 AM Post #17 of 35
Just reading the manual and it says that it requires one lambskin for each pair of ear pads!!

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:18 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Rob N
Has anyone got a Japenese manual with their r10's?

Hi Rob,

I've got a Japanese manual and a photocopy of the English manual.

I didn't really notice any real burn-in phase with the R10. Maybe they're burned-in before sale?

I'm looking forward to a detailed review and comparison against the HP2s.

--Jatinder

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Just reading the manual and it says that it requires one lambskin for each pair of ear pads!!

Murderer.
wink.gif
Quote:

The bass is very good (...)

That's a welcome surprise, isn't it. Most listeners seem to feel different when listening to the R10 for the first time.

Man, I'd love to hear them myself.

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:45 AM Post #20 of 35
Actually Tomcat I think one lambskin is for one pair of phones because the headband is covered in it as well

How many trees are chopped down to make one pair
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #23 of 35
Get this, after reading this thread yesterday:

Last night, I had a dream about being at a meet, and listening to some R10's. They sounded magical.
eek.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Last night, I had a dream about being at a meet, and listening to some R10's. They sounded magical.
eek.gif

eek.gif
put down the headphones and step away.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #26 of 35
A few more thoughts

As Sony say you don't need to spend time positioning them on your head, (as I've found I have to do with other phones) once their over your ears they sound correct with no 'lopsided' stereo balance.
I have found with both the HP2 and RS1 phones that I occasionally get the ‘three blob effect’ where the stereo soundstage doesn’t flow from left to right in a completely continuous way,I have not found this to be the case with the R10 the sound always seems to flow.
The sound is certainly more detailed than the HP2 but not as warm, although it’s not bright.I was concerned that I might find they have a slight cave or hollow sound but thankfully they don’t.The soundstage is very wide compared to the RS1 or HP2.It’s interesting to wear the R10 for a few hours and then go back to the HP2,the sound from the HP2 seems much ‘flatter’ than the R10.

BTW I’m not knocking the HP2 or RS1 they are both great phones it’s just the sound of the R10 (and to an extent the AT2002) is quite a bit different.

Jul 11, 2003 at 2:53 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

A few more thoughts

As Sony say you don't need to spend time positioning them on your head, (as I've found I have to do with other phones) once their over your ears they sound correct with no 'lopsided' stereo balance.

Interesting. My experience is different. I've found that while imaging is pretty good however they are positioned, tonal balance can vary wildly. It usually takes me a minute or two to get them positioned where I want them.

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:01 PM Post #28 of 35
Hey guys,

remember what we have wrote (long) about the R10 pistion on the head. I remember when for the first time I had correctly positioned the cans... this magical instrument has his secrets!

About microphonic problem with the cable I never had nothing. May be the amp used, there are tubes that are much more complicate in this aspect.

About compareson with other cans as Grados ecc. the R10 (IMO) is much more sensible to the differents equipment: source and amp end even cables.

Best!
Nicola

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #29 of 35
a comment regarding the choice of lacquer on the W2002. It's probably lost on non Japanese. It's Echizen laquer, very famous, durable and very labour intensive... Done the same way for hundreds of years. It's not supposed to look like wood as such.

Jul 14, 2003 at 8:01 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Interesting. My experience is different. I've found that while imaging is pretty good however they are positioned, tonal balance can vary wildly. It usually takes me a minute or two to get them positioned where I want them.

Hi Hirsch,what is the optimum position for the R10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back