AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Dec 1, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #1,458 of 1,543
bought a pair, and arrived today.
Excitedly tried it, and first the right piece want connect to cable, once it is connected, no sound!!!
right earbud is defected!!
I couldn't understand, after manufactured so many sets, and issue reported repeatedly, AKG still has not fixing the issue!!
Had to return it now.

Dec 1, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #1,459 of 1,543
Excitedly tried it, and first the right piece want connect to cable, once it is connected, no sound!!!
I couldn't understand, after manufactured so many sets, and issue reported repeatedly, AKG still has not fixing the issue!!
Had to return it now.
The AKg n5005 IEMs started to sell in 2018.
I am surprised after 5 years they make the same mistakes.
Bad for AKG

Dec 1, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,460 of 1,543
Had to return it now.
Correction, it was my bad, I didn't plug in the amp end right.
Now it works fine.
However, the earbud connection is a bit tricky to put in and out, I will be cautious
as some report that they will not replace cable to avoid issue.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #1,463 of 1,543
I recently got the AKG N5005 and like a lot of you, I've been having issues with the included ear tips. Out of the box, the best ones would be the CP145 tips. I've been vacillating between the medium and large sizes and finally settled with medium. Although the CP145s feel comfortable and seem to fit, I don't think the seal is perfect. I feel like my ears might not be exactly symmetrical and I might benefit from a size between M and L. After perusing this thread, it seems that many are recommending the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard so I decided to order a set of the pairs (M, ML, L). Hopefully this will solve the seal issue I've been having. If those don't work, I'll have to go back to the drawing board... (Other options I have considered: Final E, EP-FX10 Spiral Dot ++, Radius Deep Mount, please feel free to list out recommendations...)

By the way, for those who are considering the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standards: they are actually 40% off right now on Amazon (not sure if it's time limited). I found out because the price suddenly changed while I was comparing models on Amazon.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #1,464 of 1,543
Friends, I have stumbled upon a new discovery. Recently, I got an Aune S9C DAC/AMP. As I was in the process of comparing it to different amps and daps I just plugged my N5005s into it for fun. They're IEMs so I wasn't really expecting them to react very strongly to the Aune amp topology. I was wrong. As soon as I plugged these N5005s into the Aune I was greeted with a very different IEM than what I was used to. Particularly in the bass.

These produce much MUCH more bass than I initially thought they did. I have tried them out of multiple amps and daps with different topologies and none of those other products have driven the bass in these IEMs the way that the Aune does. They sounded bass heavy before but now there is an astonishing level of grunt and drive down low. I'm not sure what exactly the Aune is doing differently than all of my other devices but I have never heard these IEMs driven with this sort of authority before.

Do I recommend that you buy the Aune just for the N5005s? Probably not. That's overkill. However, if you are in the market for a desktop DAC anyway and also want to make sure that it plays well with your N5005s then I definitely recommend giving the S9C a look.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #1,465 of 1,543
I am seriously considering picking up the new Aune dap to see if I can get this sort of sound on the go.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #1,466 of 1,543
I recently got the AKG N5005 and like a lot of you, I've been having issues with the included ear tips. Out of the box, the best ones would be the CP145 tips. I've been vacillating between the medium and large sizes and finally settled with medium. Although the CP145s feel comfortable and seem to fit, I don't think the seal is perfect. I feel like my ears might not be exactly symmetrical and I might benefit from a size between M and L. After perusing this thread, it seems that many are recommending the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard so I decided to order a set of the pairs (M, ML, L). Hopefully this will solve the seal issue I've been having. If those don't work, I'll have to go back to the drawing board... (Other options I have considered: Final E, EP-FX10 Spiral Dot ++, Radius Deep Mount, please feel free to list out recommendations...)

By the way, for those who are considering the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standards: they are actually 40% off right now on Amazon (not sure if it's time limited). I found out because the price suddenly changed while I was comparing models on Amazon.
I've found the Divinus Velvets are a great match for the N5005

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #1,468 of 1,543

It's a journey to find the right tip, and all must seal to work. I think you'll have success with those AZLAs, and nothing wrong testing all the sizes or having one bigger in one ear.

Dec 26, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #1,470 of 1,543
Here’s my take on this. The N5005’s at $199 are an astonishing bargain. Once you find tips that match your needs, there is a synergy between the DD and the 4 BA’s that will let you experience high end sound! Don’t give up!!
Do you (or anyone else) know how these compare with the Westone W80-V3? The Westone W80-V3 at $349 (down from 999) also seems like an astonishing bargain with 8 BA driver. Wondering if it's worth the extra 150?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back