AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Dec 28, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #1,475 of 1,540
It's a journey to find the right tip, and all must seal to work. I think you'll have success with those AZLAs, and nothing wrong testing all the sizes or having one bigger in one ear.
I'm happy to report to everyone that I indeed had success with the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard. Previously, I only tried the included stock ear tips and the CP145s fit the best in size M in my left ear, and M (sometimes L) in my right ear. With the SednaEarfit MAX Standard, the ML sized tips fit my ears best (although L also work). The seal with the MAX is so much better, they don't slide out at all (the way the CP145s did as soon as I pushed them in my ears). As a result, the volume is higher, the bass is much better. With the CP145, I had to exert some pressure and push the iems towards my ears to experience a higher volume and more bass. With the Azla SednaEarfit MAX Standard, the sound stays about the same whether I push the iems or not. I think there is a small difference in terms of the sound quality, but I'm not sure if I have the right vocabulary to describe it. I think there's less treble, or the higher frequencies are slightly less abated? Although the sound is still enjoyable. This is my first pair of iems so I really have nothing else to compare them to.

A quick question about the Azla SednaEarfit MAX Standard: how far am I supposed to push the ear tips on the nozzle? The first time I put on these ear tips, I think I pushed too hard and the honeycomb ear wax filter actually stretched and the holes became bigger. However, I didn't really notice a difference in sound. Or am I supposed to stop pushing as soon as the nozzle touches the filter?

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1,476 of 1,540
Update on AKG 5005 paired with UTWS5: this is absolutely the perfect pair, a big upgrade from stock AKG Bluetooth cable. the sound stage and clarity is top notch. The adapter i bought to adapt to MMCX help the IEM to wiggle and fit my ear perfectly, i also got a pair of SednaEarfit max for TWS on.

Edit: add pic
How’s this setup working for you so far? I placed an order for the UTWS5 and planning on doing the same setup. Thanks.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #1,478 of 1,540
It sound good, but I would not recommend utws5 since they have issue with charging because of design flaw (read the first review of utws5 on headfi)

Does this apply to the new, old or both versions?

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #1,481 of 1,540
I’m a new akg n5005 owner and they are my first IEM other than my monoprice m-the which are really quite good. Thank you for head-fi and the suggestions in this thread particularly about tips. The stock spinfit large tips work ok, but slip out easy, the black one just kinda fit like a trampoline. Tried the dual flange and they alternated the high frequency to the point they sounded shouty, the comply 500 L improved bass response but thye seemed to mute them just a bit with the dust cover, and they tended to not respond well to yawning or snacking. So based on info about how n5005 does not sit deep I tried the cp100+, which seems so far to be the best fit for me. I can shake my head and the sound does not change. Will also try the Bose but the sales and marketing is confusing me still.

I’m running off an iPhone dongle at the moment and my only other set are gs1000’s assumed original version. While very different it’s fun to compare.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #1,482 of 1,540
I’m a new akg n5005 owner and they are my first IEM other than my monoprice m-the which are really quite good. Thank you for head-fi and the suggestions in this thread particularly about tips. The stock spinfit large tips work ok, but slip out easy, the black one just kinda fit like a trampoline. Tried the dual flange and they alternated the high frequency to the point they sounded shouty, the comply 500 L improved bass response but thye seemed to mute them just a bit with the dust cover, and they tended to not respond well to yawning or snacking. So based on info about how n5005 does not sit deep I tried the cp100+, which seems so far to be the best fit for me. I can shake my head and the sound does not change. Will also try the Bose but the sales and marketing is confusing me still.

I’m running off an iPhone dongle at the moment and my only other set are gs1000’s assumed original version. While very different it’s fun to compare.
I have found the sound to be best with the included Bluetooth cable and even better with my Qudelix-5K. My iPhone wire dongle wasn’t that great in comparison.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #1,483 of 1,540
I have found the sound to be best with the included Bluetooth cable and even better with my Qudelix-5K. My iPhone wire dongle wasn’t that great in comparison.
So many places to go with my response. I have been thinking about a cheap linsul iem and the 5k, as the 5k intrigues me on many levels, and a peq that I can use just about anywhere is a great thing. I would like it for my rip streamer. May even make the grados balance just for fun. I have yet to try the akg Bluetooth but will dig it out.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #1,485 of 1,540

Users who are viewing this thread

Back