AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #992 of 1,541
Hi all. I find myself using the n5005 mostly with the Bluetooth cable. Has anyone found a better Bluetooth cable which fits the funky Mmcx connectors on these ? The stock one is ok but not the most comfortable I’m finding. Thanks in advance

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #993 of 1,541
Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #995 of 1,541
Hi,

Just got my snug impressions today.
I'll try and sum up best way I can my impressions of the snugs (pun not intended) :wink:

......snip.....

Even though some might expect perfection for fit (95% -100%) overall I'm happy customer. I'm also hopeful that over some time the fit will get better as I get better at inserting the impressions and they mould slightly to my ear canal possibly giving me that 95%-100%. I feel they were worth every penny and definitely worth the investment for IEMs at this level.

Interestingly I see snugs no longer offer these for the n5005, wonder why? Was going to give them a shot!

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #996 of 1,541
Interestingly I see snugs no longer offer these for the n5005, wonder why? Was going to give them a shot!

They didn’t work they tried many times to re-template them. The snugs would just slip out of position after a couple of weeks after receiving them. Eventually snuggs realised they can’t get a stable template. They took them off the market and refunded me.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #997 of 1,541
If in the US, maybe go with Advanced Sound as they will do it for any earphone.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #998 of 1,541
They didn’t work they tried many times to re-template them. The snugs would just slip out of position after a couple of weeks after receiving them. Eventually snuggs realised they can’t get a stable template. They took them off the market and refunded me.

Thanks for the info. Shame really. I use snugs for the k3003 and apart from them sealing the bass port, which I can live with, they fit so well. Nice that they refunded you, they are an excellent company.

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #999 of 1,541
Got these recently in a trade:

The N5005 have a very interesting house sound. Lean, fast, flexible and a tad sharp if I had to describe it. Using the mid-high boost filter and really liking it. Soundstage and imaging is really defined and precise. Lower-mids are just a tad hallow and the notes are not as weighted as I’m accustomed to. However, I find the sound quite addicting despite these drawback and find myself listening to it a lot.

My setup: N5005 + Comply TS400 + 3.5mm + SR15.

The bass is also incredibly detailed, controlled and very defined. Quality > quantity is the best way to describe it. Never gets loose or anywhere near smearing the vocals.

Mids are lean, even with the mid-high boost filters. However, precise and slice through the other sound signature no problem. Present, taking center stage with the other frequencies supporting it as it should be.

Treble is not sparkly like my Andros or M9 (both which have some of my fav treble, along with Khan) but excellent weight and definition to them. No sibilance or overly brightness to my ears.

Also, for five drivers, probably the most comfortable multi-driver IEMs I’ve ever worn. Very comfy, actually, probably my #1 comfiest multi-driver IEM. Only issue is the fit does not allow for deep insertion. Isolation is a tad sub-par. Ideal for home listening.

Very pleased with them. Thinking of adding them to my Top 10 and removing the EX1000. These are not an audition or short listen IEMs. For me, I progressively grew to like them more as I spent more time with them.

Well done!

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #1,000 of 1,541
Got these recently in a trade:

The N5005 have a very interesting house sound. Lean, fast, flexible and a tad sharp if I had to describe it. Using the mid-high boost filter and really liking it. Soundstage and imaging is really defined and precise. Lower-mids are just a tad hallow and the notes are not as weighted as I’m accustomed to. However, I find the sound quite addicting despite these drawback and find myself listening to it a lot.

My setup: N5005 + Comply TS400 + 3.5mm + SR15.

The bass is also incredibly detailed, controlled and very defined. Quality > quantity is the best way to describe it. Never gets loose or anywhere near smearing the vocals.

Mids are lean, even with the mid-high boost filters. However, precise and slice through the other sound signature no problem. Present, taking center stage with the other frequencies supporting it as it should be.

Treble is not sparkly like my Andros or M9 (both which have some of my fav treble, along with Khan) but excellent weight and definition to them. No sibilance or overly brightness to my ears.

Also, for five drivers, probably the most comfortable multi-driver IEMs I’ve ever worn. Very comfy, actually, probably my #1 comfiest multi-driver IEM. Only issue is the fit does not allow for deep insertion. Isolation is a tad sub-par. Ideal for home listening.

Very pleased with them. Thinking of adding them to my Top 10 and removing the EX1000. These are not an audition or short listen IEMs. For me, I progressively grew to like them more as I spent more time with them.

Well done!
Great review! It mirrors almost exactly my own impressions. For me, recabling and switching to mid-high filter brought the midrange a little forward, still preserving the lean nature of this fantastic earphones, which is not something bad by any means.

Just a quick recommendation if you don't mind: Some members in this forum have reported that the Comply TS400 are too tight for the N5005 nozzle, to the extent of breaking it when trying to remove the tips. TS500 might be better. I use Dekoni bulletz with 4.9 mm center hole (Mercury) and couldn't be happier.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #1,001 of 1,541
Great review! It mirrors almost exactly my own impressions. For me, recabling and switching to mid-high filter brought the midrange a little forward, still preserving the lean nature of this fantastic earphones, which is not something bad by any means.

Just a quick recommendation if you don't mind: Some members in this forum have reported that the Comply TS400 are too tight for the N5005 nozzle, to the extent of breaking it when trying to remove the tips. TS500 might be better. I use Dekoni bulletz with 4.9 mm center hole (Mercury) and couldn't be happier.

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll get some 500 series then. Wouldn’t want to break my nozzles...

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,002 of 1,541
I had to wash my Dekoni eartips. In the meantime, I tried the included Spinfits, this time in large instead of medium, and sit right in the begining of the ear canal. They are crazy good! The bass is absolutely well defined and resolution increased a bit. Proper fit is critical, nothing new. I just have the feeling I have to go back to reference filters instead of mid-high, because they are a tad brighter than Dekoni bulletz. I still feel the foam eartips have a more "analog" and smooth sound, but for albums like Sea Change, by Beck, the Spinfits work really good.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,003 of 1,541
I'm selling my N5005, used only a few times. Original box with all accessories, etc.
PM me with your best offer.

IMG_20190924_121438.jpg
IMG_20190924_121421.jpg

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,005 of 1,541
Hey guys, just a heads-up, there is likely fake N5005 on eBay now. I bought one unopened and new. Turns out the engraved serial number is 00000. And there is typo on the back of the package. Where "supreme" was print as "superme".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back