AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #799 of 1,541
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #801 of 1,541
Hello Owners of the N5005!

I would like to ask you guys something, Have you guys try any other IEM with-in the N5005's Price range? What makes you choose the N5005 over any other IEM you've try? I've ask a few people that tested / demo a lot of IEM in Asia and they said the N5005 sucks for the Price.

I'm curious since there is no way for me to Demo these & I've had 0 experience w/ anything near that price range.

Many Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #802 of 1,541
Hello Owners of the N5005!

I would like to ask you guys something, Have you guys try any other IEM with-in the N5005's Price range? What makes you choose the N5005 over any other IEM you've try? I've ask a few Audio People that tested / demo a lot of IEM and they said the N5005 sucks for the Price.

I'm curious since there is no way for me to Demo these & I've had 0 experience w/ anything near that price range.

Many Thanks!
I'm very limited here in Norway and don't have the opportunity to audition much. Never seen Campfire stuff here for example.

Heard the Shure 845 and Beyerdynamic Xelento. Same (ish) price.
IMO I definitely made the right choice. No dout..

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #804 of 1,541
I was having some trouble with the supplied tips - everything was fine if I was sat still, but out and about highlighted the lack of a consistent seal and subsequent loss of audio quality.
I had a read back through this thread and found someone recommending the Comply TX-500 so I ordered up a set and they arrived yesterday. A little more fiddly when putting them in, but totally worth it - a proper seal and a really impressive jump in consistent audio quality!

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #805 of 1,541
I was having some trouble with the supplied tips - everything was fine if I was sat still, but out and about highlighted the lack of a consistent seal and subsequent loss of audio quality.
I had a read back through this thread and found someone recommending the Comply TX-500 so I ordered up a set and they arrived yesterday. A little more fiddly when putting them in, but totally worth it - a proper seal and a really impressive jump in consistent audio quality!
I don't care for Comply but Dekoni Bulletz are great with the N5005, I did also notice a jump in perceived details when swapping. Guessing its gave me a 100% seal.

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #807 of 1,541
Interesting - can you say how the Dekoni tips differ from Comply?
Comply you have to compress to get best fit, Dekoni just slide right in. Comply I've found to increase bass and kill treble energy, I find none of those cons with Dekoni. Also, Comply would irritate inside my ears, nothing with the Dekoni. Zeos details a bit more regarding Memory foam of Comply vs the more rubberish material of Dekoni. As always YMMV

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #809 of 1,541
Good to know - that's very interesting! I presume that it's the 4.9mm size needed for the AKGs?
Yes, that would be correct. Even if you find Comply better you can really never have too many various tips IMO, may not work well on one piece of gear but works on another.

On Amazon US you can get a SML pack for $10 on Amazon, then if you prefer a 3 pack of one size go and order that directly from Dekoni as its cheaper than on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• BenF
Back