AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #48 of 1,545
Wow, I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the CA Vegas, but now I'm not so sure. Always liked the K3003 sound, so if this steps up from that, this price is a steal and a no-brainer. I already own the Dorado's, so makes sense to get a AKG flavor to fill the hole in my heart that the K3003's left when I sold them :frowning2:.

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #49 of 1,545
I enjoy the wide soundstage if k3003 but the treble sounded off.
However N5005 looks to be a complete different product, i look forward to it.

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #51 of 1,545
Even though I have the money I agree it’s just too much. I’m worried that I’ll come back here in a few years and there will be $6,000+ flagship iems.
Same here, especially when you consider that you can get the same performance out of a 400-600$ pair of headphones...
Most IEMs just don't reproduce cymbals properly for example, they always sound too dry with most sources... I wish balanced armatures were not the universal solutions to manufacturers, they don't sound that good outside of the mids area (which is exactly for what they were initially designed for: voice reproduction).
But they're cheap now, so it's exactly like Li-ion battery: there are better solutions, but the cost differential gets in the way of maximizing profits...

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #53 of 1,545
This may or maybe not be a big deal I’m not sure. But I really loved the voicing of the 3003. I’ve had it twice. I read that Samsung had bought out Harman Kardon? So I’m really curious how that might effect the over all sound quality of the new 5005? Not that Samsung is a bad company or anything, but how much do they know about earphones ? Again I may be and hope so that I’m way off of base here. But I really hope that the 5005 is at least as good as it better then the 3003 which I loved when I had it. I’m pretty sure that they would have the right people working on these. Very interested!

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #56 of 1,545
oBravo recently hit the highest score, pricing 10k for their Ra C iem. Ridiculously overpriced. :/

giphy.gif

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #57 of 1,545
Holy crap that’s ridiculous. I can remember thinking only like four or five years ago paying 500.00 for a TOTL IEM was a lot.

The competition are keep getting heated up in the iem market, and I guess manufacturers decided to use the placebo effects.

2k-4k iems already feel overpriced, and now there's 10k? Makes me feel like it's almost a scam at this point. I'd rather buy a car with that. lol

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #59 of 1,545
The competition are keep getting heated up in the iem market, and I guess manufacturers decided to use the placebo effects.

2k-4k iems already feel overpriced, and now there's 10k? Makes me feel like it's almost a scam at this point. I'd rather buy a car with that. lol
Lol ya I hear ya brother! I do have a couple pairs that are in the 2k range. Are they really good? Yes! Are they twice as good as say a 1k pair? Ummm. That would be a no! I think once you get past say 1k it’s all preference !Are they really worth that much? I would have to say no!
Sorry I’m not trying to hijack this thread. Just voicing my opinion.

Feb 22, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #60 of 1,545
OMG. I totally agree with everyone. AT the oBravo pricepoint, it sounds like a scam. Those casings better be made with pure platinum, have 40 drivers in them, and a free massage with happy ending.

On the other hand, this N5005 seems like almost TOO good of a deal. Considering all of the accessories, I almost instinctively think; it couldn't sound as good as the new Legend X or the W900. But, maybe that's just where prices should be for Universals...? How many crossovers does it have?
I about pulled the trigger today and actually tried to buy them, but Apple Pay screwed up. I really ought to wait until we se at least one review.

I'm imagining a slightly fuller sound with a pinch less bass than the 3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back