AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Mar 29, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,172 of 1,544
So I was able to find these refurbished for 400 bucks (direct from Harman, comes with full warranty). They sound decent, went through the filters and running with the mid-high boost as it is closest to my preferred signature. Overall I feel like the bass boost filter provides a dark signature, the reference filter creates a warm signature, the mid-high boost is closest to a neutral with a bass boost, and the high boost actually ends up creating a v-shaped sound for me (which I kind of found odd).

May 10, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,174 of 1,544
200 usd is an incredible bargain for these earphones. I've listened and owned tons of TOTL iems since I bought them and they are still ranked very high in my book.
Btw guys, anyone knows where I can get the original 2.5mm cable? Are they sold seprately anywhere? Or maybe anyone knows some custom balanced cables which will fit for their mmcx connectors?

May 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,175 of 1,544
I believe that was a pricing error only shown when they were sold out. I don't think anyone was able to buy them for that.

i think the lowest ive seen them is high 500s USD.

exceptional IEM, i dont even really bother with any other IEM now.

May 13, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #1,176 of 1,544
I believe that was a pricing error only shown when they were sold out. I don't think anyone was able to buy them for that.

Got mine NIB for $399 via HarmanAudio website last December...very nice for the $$$.

As a rule I don't 'double-up' on cans or iems but, if I can snatch a second pair for $199, will do that in a heartbeat!

May 13, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,177 of 1,544
200 usd is an incredible bargain for these earphones. I've listened and owned tons of TOTL iems since I bought them and they are still ranked very high in my book.
Btw guys, anyone knows where I can get the original 2.5mm cable? Are they sold seprately anywhere? Or maybe anyone knows some custom balanced cables which will fit for their mmcx connectors?

I asked AKG and they gave me an contact, and I poseted it in this thread. You'll have to search the thread thogh, because I can't remember it.

Searching with my username will help narrow it down. Or you could ask AKG yourself.

May 13, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,178 of 1,544

They might also be closing out on old stock to introduce a new model? They’ve been selling them for $500 across many dealers and themselves for about a year now.

May 22, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,180 of 1,544
As of now I have the etymotic er4xr. I use the fiio m11 as my player. I am thinking about trying out the n5005. Any advice and comparisons between the er4xr and n5005? Would it be an upgrade from the etymotics?
I think you'd really miss the isolation that the er4s provide. I love my N5005s, but it's really tough to get a good seal. I spent far too much time tip rolling, and I'm still not 100% happy.

May 22, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #1,181 of 1,544
I think you'd really miss the isolation that the er4s provide. I love my N5005s, but it's really tough to get a good seal. I spent far too much time tip rolling, and I'm still not 100% happy.
That particular form factor is the culprit here, I faced the same with N30 and N40.

May 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,182 of 1,544
Awesome thanks for the reply, it’s hard personally for me to listen to anything else but the er4xrs. They’re just tuned almost perfectly to my ears. but I am looking for something with a little more oomph in the bass, of course sacrificing a little clarity and resolution. Beside the n5005 I was also looking at the n40s, DUNU dn2000, and ak Billie jeans. Any suggestions? Thanks!

May 24, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #1,183 of 1,544
Awesome thanks for the reply, it’s hard personally for me to listen to anything else but the er4xrs. They’re just tuned almost perfectly to my ears. but I am looking for something with a little more oomph in the bass, of course sacrificing a little clarity and resolution. Beside the n5005 I was also looking at the n40s, DUNU dn2000, and ak Billie jeans. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I haven't heard the DUNUs. I have the n40s as well as the n5005s, and your etys have more bass than both.

I don't use IEMs much because of tinnitus, sure others have more bassy recommendations. I seem to remember the Campfire Polaris had a lot of oomph.

Jul 4, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,184 of 1,544
Could anyone with a caliper measure the diameter and depth of the stock MMCX plug sheath ?

something like this?
20210516_092334 (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back