AKG Shameless Marketing
May 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 92
A properly amped K701 off a good source isn’t too bad, eh? I am enjoying mine!
normal_smile .gif

May 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 92
Most of the "voice" of the bass comes from the harmonics, not the fundamental. Thus hearing the notes is no problem, even if the fundamental is attenuated. The lengths people will go to slight the K70x.....
frown.gif

May 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #20 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey look! Another "let's flame the K701 thread."

*Yawn*

--Jerome

LOL yeah!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no problems with my 701.
smily_headphones1.gif
she needs an amp though. LoL

WERD...

May 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #22 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. seems the K70x haters need to overcompensate once again!
angry_face.gif

tongue.gif

Overcomensating for their small plugs
tongue.gif

May 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 92
*Puts on kidding suit*
tongue.gif

*Puts on Trolling suit*
very_evil_smiley.gif

*Wow, how surprising! A headphone and anime geek. First time I hear of that around here.*

*Puts on flaming protection suit*
ph34r.gif

*Puts on modern asian culture fan suit*
rolleyes.gif

*Throws a thunderous thunder bolt*
eek.gif

*LoLoLoLoLoLzOrZ*
biggrin.gif

*^^ jajajajajaja*
tongue.gif

Seriously though, what's wrong with product placement? I can see it had quite an effect on you. AKG aiming for the right audience. I'm sure it made your day. Good for you, good for them. Win-win situation for everyone.

But where are the Korean MMORPG and Japanese RPG ads?!?!

I'm not being sarcastic here
wink.gif

May 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #25 of 92
Sorry this turned into a K 701 flame thread
frown.gif
. I personally have never heard the K701's so I cannot comment on the sound, but I know I still enjoy some of the K-on! music through my beyer dt880's which should have a pretty neutral sound signature similar to the k701.

I actually just made this threat to point out the product placement, which surprised me because I always try to recognize headphones in anything I watch, and this has been the first time I've seen such an obvious recreation of a real and high-end headphone.

May 2, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #26 of 92
I hope they feature more headphones in anime that is pretty cool. It looks like every single k701 thread features the k701 haters and team k701 in an epic battle.

May 2, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #27 of 92
Admittedly, the K701 are one of the most controversial phones of all time. I own one and appreciate its strengths and its flaws. But what makes the k701 hated by many is the fact that it is ruthlessly unforgiving of poor sources/recordings. Also it needs a lot of power to sing. Plus, it is useless at low volumes.

May 2, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #29 of 92
Haha. You guys beat me to it. Trust me though, you see a LOT more audio technicas in animes.

What's funny is I've even seen BOSE in Beck.

As far as the anime itself. It's definitely not a starter anime. You generally need to be an otaku type to enjoy this.

May 2, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #30 of 92
it's pretty funny... When I look up k702/1 on google I find mostly praising reviews (usually mention burn in time and tradadada amp stuff.), and some good feedback here.

But recently all I find is hatred. Blasphemy to some, truth to others.

I'm going against the grain here and getting me (for my birthday from me parents) some k702's from ebay (260$ new).

I hope for miracles, though I won't be getting an amp till summer (will be listening through my emu-0404usb).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back