AKG Shameless Marketing
May 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #31 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey look! Another "let's flame the K701 thread."

*Yawn*

--Jerome

Let's change this to a "let's flame Mio" thread. We need more anti-tsundere threads.

...just kidding, carry on.

May 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #32 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by nadavnaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But recently all I find is hatred. Blasphemy to some, truth to others.

Recently? Meh, I've been critical of the K701 since 2006.
tongue_smile.gif

May 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #33 of 92
Wow. This sure turned ugly...

While i did make a comment that bass may not be an instrument that shines on the K701, I personally find my K701 to be a very nice pair of phones. Certainly bass-shy compared to my HD650, it does do some other things better than the senn. Which is why i am keeping/using both.

Just some bg info, the screencap in the op shows the character pondering over the lyrics to a song that she is writing, not being sad and cooped up at home doing homework.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #34 of 92
Probably some rare extra small special edition she got there
wink.gif

Its obvious that she just stabbed herself in the jugular with a syringe full of sedatives she got from her uncle. How else could she live through the torment of having to listen to music on these über boring cans?

May 3, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #35 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How else could she live through the torment of having to listen to music on these über boring cans?

Pro Tip:
hallucinogens tend to make boring things more interesting

May 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #37 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That picture is forcing me a bit to watch the anime. Too bad I'm watching other anime
smily_headphones1.gif

Is K-ON! good? I might put it on my 'have to watch-list'
smily_headphones1.gif

First of all it is a series that is still currently active (only 5 eps so far), so if you are one of those people who cannot wait for weekly releases you should stay away. Next it is not very involving up to this point, but it could just be set up episodes, it has gotten kind of promising recently. On the other hand it is currently the most popular anime being released, so maybe there is some hidden element I am missing.

May 4, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #38 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottuna_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. This sure turned ugly...

While i did make a comment that bass may not be an instrument that shines on the K701, I personally find my K701 to be a very nice pair of phones. Certainly bass-shy compared to my HD650, it does do some other things better than the senn. Which is why i am keeping/using both.

Just some bg info, the screencap in the op shows the character pondering over the lyrics to a song that she is writing, not being sad and cooped up at home doing homework.
bigsmile_face.gif

I have never found them to be bass shy with classical. Bass goes very deep and is very tight. Timpani sounds weighty and taut.

Where I find them to be slightly deficient is in the lower midrange, where some body of the instruments is lost. Its the difference between a washed out colour and a saturated one.

Thus, the K701 fails to communicate the entire harmonics of violins, for instance. Nothing blossoms fully, that's my only complaint. My Wharfedale 9.1s do this with such ease!

May 4, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #39 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's change this to a "let's flame Mio" thread. We need more anti-tsundere threads.

...just kidding, carry on.

Ahem. Mio is deredere.
@ snuggles. It's the moe moe kyun factor...

May 4, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #40 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all it is a series that is still currently active (only 5 eps so far), so if you are one of those people who cannot wait for weekly releases you should stay away. Next it is not very involving up to this point, but it could just be set up episodes, it has gotten kind of promising recently. On the other hand it is currently the most popular anime being released, so maybe there is some hidden element I am missing.

Idd, it's still airing. I think I can deal with the weekly releases
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #41 of 92
I like the K701 but it's definitely not for everyone's ears or systems.

That said, it's not really product placement and more of a cameo since it's highly doubtful AKG had anything to do with its appearance.

May 4, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #42 of 92
I've put aside my 880 and 650 for a while. I guess when you've been in head-fi long enough, you'd demand less quantity of bass. Currently 701 is my choice for classical and vocal music.

May 4, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #43 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the other hand it is currently the most popular anime being released, so maybe there is some hidden element I am missing.

It's Lucky Star cum Azumanga Daioh with terrific production values. And lots of moe. In another words it's a slice of life show that's never supposed to be "very involving", you are just supposed to marvel at the every day lives of the 4 girls. If you are expecting emo ninjas or flying aliens throwing energy beams or even hot sluts lusting over nerdy losers you are looking at the wrong anime, you'll never understand why people like the show. So what were you expecting?

May 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #44 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Lucky Star cum Azumanga Daioh with terrific production values. And lots of moe. In another words it's a slice of life show that's never supposed to be "very involving", you are just supposed to marvel at the every day lives of the 4 girls. If you are expecting emo ninjas or flying aliens throwing energy beams or even hot sluts lusting over nerdy losers you are looking at the wrong anime, you'll never understand why people like the show. So what were you expecting?

Oh. I like Lucky Star
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #45 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh. I like Lucky Star
smily_headphones1.gif

Then you certainly must put this in your on watch list. Kyo-ani has outdone themselves with K-On.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back