AKG Shameless Marketing
May 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #46 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you certainly must put this in your on watch list. Kyo-ani has outdone themselves with K-On.

Idd. Also, KyoAni has great animation skills. I was thinking about the rock band scene in Haruhi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #47 of 92
In the 5th story of " K-On!," Mio used a high-class headphone, " AKG K701." And now, the headphone increased its sales rapidly, and it was sold out at many stores. Because of the news of "Mio's headphone, 'AKG K701' is selling really well," at the 7th floor (Game Floor) at Sofmap Main Branch, " AKG K701," which was taken from the 1F, was displayed and said "this is the high-class Mio-phone… Only Mio Akiyama can do!"

102.jpg

103.jpg

Mio's Headphone (AKG K701): "K-On! Bursts an Effect! This is the High-class Mio-phone" (AkibaBlog)

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #49 of 92
I'm seriously surprised AKG, out of all the headphone companies out there, thought to do this. Where the hell was Sony, Denon, JVC, Kenwood, and Audio-Technica? They should fire their marketing department for not seeing this coming.

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #51 of 92
Hmm AKG courts Kyo-Ani in order to improve sales in Japan, how devious.
i hope this doesn't mean Haruhi is going to get a K702 recolored in red with a black SOS-Dan label on one side next. When she clearly deserves a Red and black HD-800 with Kyon lugging a some over sized tube amp next to her complaing, but at this rate akg may turn into the offical headphone line for them. I know their publisher would not refuse AKG becoming an offical sponsor... i mean who would refuse a new source of money actually.
Still i refuse to see a K701 become the archtype standard for all manga related musical scenes >_<. (Nothing against AKG or their products, just everything should have a personal balance of headphone gear unique to character personalities like tsundere or whatever..)

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #52 of 92
I must applaud AKG since it is definitely working according to Kakaku.com:

nqcp7b.jpg

The first column shows that the "Mio-phone" is number 1 in sales according to the Japanese review and consumer assistance website. (NOTE: I'm assuming that the "sales" refer to click-throughs to online retailers through the Kakaku.com website.) The second column reveals that the K701 is second in buzz-worthiness. (The third column are ratings for satisfaction, in case you were wondering. Here, the K701 ranks 24th at 4.74/5.00.)

価格.com - ヘッドホン・イヤホン

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #54 of 92
Did anyone notice the excessive advertising of Dre Beats in pop video clips? Really from britney spears to lady gaga etc. every videoclip has excessive shots of the Dre Beats, its really too obvious.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #56 of 92
She's pining for Jecklin Floats...

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #58 of 92
Wow I'm surprised at how the anime promoted the K701s and could help market it, considering I'm guessing most people who actually watch the anime probably don't know what headphones they are when seeing it.

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #59 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is she driving that thing straight out of her diskman?

I noticed the same too. Mio, please get a decent amp to drive those babies!

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #60 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh. I like Lucky Star
smily_headphones1.gif

Friend request on it's way bro.

Anyway, yeah K701 becoming overpriced and not exactly the best headphone for that kind of music etc.

Just imagine if they had used grados though, there would be a huge amount of people either selling from the states to japan at high markups or people taking trips here to come buy them. Maybe that would have fixed the economy? Or better yet, what if they were something like HF-1s (Think of the details on that one) or HP-1000s (Like those aren't expensive enough) or something else in the uber rare/expensive tier. (HD 800 anyone?)

Also I just noticed in that picture that K-On is going to be released on blu-ray....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back