AKG Q701 VS. Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm?
Jun 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PceLuvnSloMo

Head-Fier
I've been asking around the forums for a couple days (or weeks) now for the best gaming headphone for me, and I have narrowed it down between the Q701 and Dt990 250ohm.
First, I will be using them for: %80 Gaming, %15 Music, 5% Media
FPS isn't a huge deal, but I would like to have better than average positioning.
I will be playing mostly other games that don't depend on sound and positioning and rather immersion, such as Borderlands, Skyrim, Free Roam, RPGS, Gears of War, whatever comes out this November...
I listen to whatever pleases my ears, which are usually bass songs, but I like a lot of things post-1980s.
I currently am using Tritton AX720s for gaming which I got 2 years ago and an Audio-Technica CKM-50 for about everything else.

I will be getting either the Astro Mixamp 5.8 or the Mixamp Pro. The thing that irks me is the bass boost, but for some reason I am assuming the Pros are better than the wireless one. I sit medium distance away on a chair away from my desk, so the 5.8 is pretty tempting.

Basically what I am asking is
How do the two headphones compare in gaming immersion and competitive gaming?
How different will they sound for the music I play?
Can I drive them with an Astro Mixamp - Fiio E6?
Are there better headphones I can get for around $200?
Which ones are more breathable? (AX720s envelop your ears and make them sweat)
Am I wasting my money?

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd also like to know the answer to this question if anyone can help. I'm looking to get AKG Q701 with the mixamp pro and a fiio e6. 
Does anyone know if the double amp will affect the sound quality ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back