AKG next flagship heaphone
Dec 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #31 of 67
I concur with Uncle Erik. 

I feel that AKG bosses have sat back on the cushy buyout $ and let Harman "Godfather" run corporate. 

Harman being consumer oriented did throw some dollars at creating HD models out of older shell bodies. 

In terms of audiophilia pursuits, it's really up to us to decide what we wanna buy. 

Fanboys can complain all you want. Don't like it, don't buy it. There's 2 dozen brands bending over to serve you. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #32 of 67
what else is new, 701 and AKG bashing yet again, even the reasoning are all the same, very funny guys.... 
if this thread can't go the way it is originally intended to, why not just close it down already

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #34 of 67
sounds like a killer deal.

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #36 of 67
Quote:
If you send me 1000 dollars I'll paint all your headphone cables green. 

It still won't be endorsed my Mr. Jones 
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #37 of 67
I heard when Harman bought AKG the former ingeneers were replaced with interior designers.

seriously but sadly, that company is "dead" and I doubt they have the capacity to develop something worth of audiophilia. shame because K601 is a hell of a headphone.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #39 of 67

Quote:
Quote:

It still won't be endorsed my Mr. Jones 
tongue.gif

It'll be endorsed by yours truly!  I'll take a big dump on the transducers before shipment.  And I will eat 2 whole burritos 4 hours before with extra hottt sauce. 

And for a limited time only, and for an additional fee of exactly 25,000 dollars, I will have a famous person of some kind sign them! 

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #40 of 67

Quote:
It'll be endorsed by yours truly!  I'll take a big dump on the transducers before shipment.  And I will eat 2 whole burritos 4 hours before with extra hottt sauce. 

And for a limited time only, and for an additional fee of exactly 25,000 dollars, I will have a famous person of some kind sign them! 

Sounds like you need to spend a day in El Farolito.
basshead.gif
lol, I'm sure you're going to have enough bass... but hey, careful with the salsa can bring you some spikes in the treble are.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #41 of 67

Quote:
Any word on the street on when AKG will be releasing there new flagship headphones because at the moment they are really getting dominated by other brands. Espically since the k701 have been out for 5+ years.

They did....the Q701s!
tongue_smile.gif

Sadly, this is no joke.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #42 of 67
The K3003 is an excellent, excellent IEM. Better than most of the customs I've tried. It's just rather unfortunate that it's too expensive. So I do believe that they can still churn out great headphones.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #43 of 67

Quote:
what else is new, 701 and AKG bashing yet again, even the reasoning are all the same, very funny guys.... 
if this thread can't go the way it is originally intended to, why not just close it down already

Before you get all defensive, consider this:

1. Some of AKG's harshest critics are longtime owners of their vintage headphones who rue the day they were taken over by Harman International.

2. I agree with you about the K70* bashing, but AKG havent exactly mitigated this with the release of the Q701, a shallow marketing effort if ever there was one.

3. You will find plenty of people hear willing to bash Grado, Sennheiser and various models from Beyerdynamic, but have those companies abandoned their respective flagship headphones in favour of something that *should* occupy the position currently occupied by the DT880/HD650/RS1 ?  Flagships simply aren't for everyone - fair enough - but they are usually called 'Statement' headphones for a reason.

Style over substance is always going to get a reaction here - if I can ignore the Grado-bashers, you can probably live with the AKG critics.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #44 of 67

Quote:
The K3003 is an excellent, excellent IEM. Better than most of the customs I've tried. It's just rather unfortunate that it's too expensive. So I do believe that they can still churn out great headphones.

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=562

The AKG K242HD has excellent levels of detail, without being harsh or analytical sounding. The true semi-open design of the K242HD means that there is not a great deal of sound leakage (compared to open models) in or out, yet the soundstage is close to that of an open headphone. The K242HD sounds well balanced with slightly exaggerated bass response, clear midrange and sparkling highs. Comfort and build quality are excellent - the velour pads feel nice, and the headband is very flexible.

Trust me - this isn't a vendor who just slaps a 'Recommended' stamp on everything - just 2 Sennheiser models from the biggest range anywhere in Oz.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #45 of 67
I'm still waiting on the next flagship from Skullcandy
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back