AKG next flagship heaphone
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #46 of 67

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the next flagship from Skullcandy
frown.gif

I'm starting to have more faith in their engineering department than AKG's sadly.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #50 of 67
It's easy to hate Skullcandy, but they are trying to make products to please their customers.  I would not be surprised if Skullcandy tries to move existing customers up to better models than lose them to other companies.

I don't see AKG doing much to take on the market.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #52 of 67
if your cables aren't green then you people are obviously tone deaf and don't know what natural sound is. it's totally worth the billion dollar cable upgrade. it's night and day! the AKG baby engineers totally knew what they were doing designing the Q701. you guys are obviously just mad cause babies are smarter than you.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #54 of 67
I have two words for you:
palette swaps.

AKG will be conquering the market any day now.

i'm sorry to say but you need to stop lying to yourself. the truth will set you free. when AKG makes something good again is when Wonderland becomes real and i finally get a chance to rub the Cheshire Cat's adorable belly.

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #56 of 67
Quote:
http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=562

The AKG K242HD has excellent levels of detail, without being harsh or analytical sounding. The true semi-open design of the K242HD means that there is not a great deal of sound leakage (compared to open models) in or out, yet the soundstage is close to that of an open headphone. The K242HD sounds well balanced with slightly exaggerated bass response, clear midrange and sparkling highs. Comfort and build quality are excellent - the velour pads feel nice, and the headband is very flexible.

Trust me - this isn't a vendor who just slaps a 'Recommended' stamp on everything - just 2 Sennheiser models from the biggest range anywhere in Oz.

It does look promising:

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #57 of 67
Dec 7, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #58 of 67
I've always liked the K240 and its different derivatives. I wonder why the Funkalizer K240S' popularity died out. I'd easily take the K242, assuming it sounds similar/better, over an HD555 or M50. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #59 of 67

Quote:

Have you guys seen the numbers on the Mix Masters?  They look pretty nice to me.  Skullcandy looks like its on the rise.

Doesn't mean they're any good... A car analogy waiting to be inserted. 
normal_smile .gif

I don't really get 701 bashing, sound-wise. They're a steal for their price, given that your premise is to pinpoint either flaws in recordings or tab notes. For this purpose it's hard to find a better headphone at that price point, or even slightly higher. What one enjoys is a different matter altogether, but they do measure excellent and do well for their given task. It's a shame that they require careful amp-matching, sure, and that is indeed a design flaw. That's one reason I don't own the cans actually. 

Not really an AKG fan and I agree with all of the statements regarding their color marketing... Boohoo, quite tragic indeed. But I am a bit intrigued by the K550. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #60 of 67
Quote:
Doesn't mean they're any good... A car analogy waiting to be inserted. 
normal_smile%20.gif

The FR probably doesn't suit your tastes but that part is partially subjective.  The square waves are fairly good and the bass pretty flat and extended.  I haven't heard them, but those usually correspond with something I like.  The treble might be a little too rolled off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back