AKG next flagship heaphone
Dec 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 67
I can't see Harman reviving something as ugly as the K1000.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #17 of 67
 Bah "K1001" something sounding as good as K1000 (at least) and with some modern touch looking.  

i am asking peraphs too much from AKG and harman 
biggrin.gif
, will see ^^ . There is soo many head phones here  , if they do something great good if not , well will see somewhere else .

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #18 of 67

Quote:

Your statement are clownish ones forgetting a brand just because actually they don't have a uber headphone ... they still release new cans that seam work great in their price range , just because ATM they don't have a ubber expensive super can that can compete with Top tiers cans  , we should forgive AKG ... this is non sens . 

Ya Audeze , Hifiman , are quite new and release great cans , and soo ? Should we forget brands just because they don't have release something new ? 

Not many people can afford such expensive cans ... No one know if AKG will release a new K1000 peraphs yes peraphs no . 

If Sennheiser didn't have a HD-800 should i forget them too because HD-650-HD600 are old too ? 

AKG is not dead there is still hope 
tongue_smile.gif

Sadly, AKG hasn't released anything innovative in about 20 years.

Let me repeat that: 20 years.

Nothing since Harman bought out AKG.

Hate to say it, but it seems like Harman is milking a once-proud brand while investing nothing into new products.  So sad.  If AKG had continued on as it had, we'd have a bunch of truly interesting and excellent new headphones.  Instead, we have day-glo green.

So sad.  So very sad.

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #19 of 67
You have to read this short history of AKG, where headphones been mentioned ones?, but without any specific model, such as K1000 for example.
http://www.akg.com/site/powerslave,id,35,nodeid,35,_language,EN.html

Company stragety, most probably, is way differ from what we are thinking up here and since HK took them over, they become just another Sony. Moved all their production to China, except K701/Q701?, and fill the every possible shelf in every possible audio related part of the every possible mall, so, yes, they are milking and thats, indeed, very sad.

added

Well, they did mention K-140 up there, what an relief.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #20 of 67

Quote:

Your statement are clownish ones forgetting a brand just because actually they don't have a uber headphone ... they still release new cans that seam work great in their price range , just because ATM they don't have a ubber expensive super can that can compete with Top tiers cans  , we should forgive AKG ... this is non sens . 

Ya Audeze , Hifiman , are quite new and release great cans , and soo ? Should we forget brands just because they don't have release something new ? 

Not many people can afford such expensive cans ... No one know if AKG will release a new K1000 peraphs yes peraphs no . 

If Sennheiser didn't have a HD-800 should i forget them too because HD-650-HD600 are old too ? 

AKG is not dead there is still hope 
tongue_smile.gif

It's not that they haven't released an uberphone, it's that, well, their old products, even the mid-tier K240DF, destroy the K701 in the sense of realism. They're just getting progressively worse and by the way Harman seems to run things, it doesn't look like anything great is in store for us. They just released a new flagship IEM. It costs $1,000. For a universal. They seem to be really confused as to how AKG should be run. Trust me, I'm one of AKG's biggest fans (not just for headphones, for mics too) and I'm just not hopeful for the future for the company. Although I'm tempted to try the Q701 since people say it's better than the K701, which I found deplorable for a supposed flagship. It had redeeming features, but I liked the K240DF immensely more.

No, we wouldn't forget the HD650 because they're actually pretty good... 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 67

I have two friends that own studios and they use akg k702 so I guess they have been heavily missguided...
Quote:
It's not that they haven't released an uberphone, it's that, well, their old products, even the mid-tier K240DF, destroy the K701 in the sense of realism.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #22 of 67
I don't think they even have engineers working there anymore.  It's just a bunch of marketers with photoshop and every 7 years they come up with a new color scheme and a cool new letter to put after a product name.  I bet the new flagship will be a gray and dark blue colored K702HD.  Woopdy doo. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #23 of 67
i guess that save money. you know hiring kindergartens with milk and cookies to draw them a new pretty headphone. not with any markers though. magic markers are essential!

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 67
It would be best that akg make headphones with lush midrange, sub 20hz bass response (?), smooth highs (roll off) and yeah, something that you can describe with "coherence" term  
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #25 of 67
The only time I really liked the K701 was out of the Schiit Lyr, with a stock cable and Amperex god-pin tubes. It actually sounded dynamic and natural, for the first time and only ever in my experience. It was actually the only headphone that I really liked out of that amp.

In the past I have tried two different pairs with balanced re-cabling out of a WA22, and at least a half-dozen other amps in SE mode with highly varying results. IME it is a very picky headphone indeed.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #28 of 67

Quote:
That just means it's a seriously flawed headphone. 

So the converse of that would be that it takes a seriously flawed amplifier to drive them properly? That's my experience but many would disagree. The other amps that I tried that sounded decent with the K701 were cheap, low-powered but high gain models.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #30 of 67
don't blame the amps on an already flawed headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back