AKG N40
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #227 of 311
Are you sure? As far as I can find it standard comes with a 3.5mm and a 3.5mm +remote cable. Just as when I bought it.
The 5005 comes with a Bluetooth cable.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #229 of 311
I recently bought the AKG N5005.

I used the 5005 with my Sony ZX300 a couple of times. It makes me thing going back to the N40 would be sad. However it's not. It's like it can't be staid enough that the N40 are good IEMs.

When I go back to my N40, I feel no lacking or disappointment.

The N5005 are better, and they are beautiful. If the N40 are stunning as described by What HiFi, then the N5005 are beautiful. They are just as dynamic too, along with more detail.

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #230 of 311
Reach back into my collection of iem and grab the akg n40 running from my iPad Pro connected to my Cobalt and nickel amp, boy these sound dynamic and crispy with some power the n40 shines.

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #231 of 311
Just opened my N40 carry case back from holiday and tragedy!, lost my comply tip and reference filter! I cant get on with the bass or high ones. Does any one have one or a pair of reference filters that they are willing to sell?

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #232 of 311
Yeah the filters actually unscrew themselves somehow.

One day I found a screw type thing on my desk. Didn't think anything of it, since I have screws all over the place from PC building. Then a few days later, I realised what that screw type thing was. I checked, because I still had it. It was the reference filter from my AKG N40.

Now every time I clean the tips, I check the filters are screwed in tight.

Sorry I can't help you though.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #233 of 311

Thanks, that's really important information. I've been using my N40s for about 18 months or so, and am really loving them (powered by an Audioquest Dragonfly Red). I also use the "reference" filters, and as I checked just now, one of them had started to unscrew.

@Zildon - the filters are available from AKG as a spare part, but it would probably be cheaper if you can find someone who is using one of the other filter sets.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #235 of 311

One day I found a screw type thing on my desk. Didn't think anything of it, since I have screws all over the place from PC building. Then a few days later, I realised what that screw type thing was. I checked, because I still had it. It was the reference filter from my AKG N40.

Sorry I can't help you though.

No worries- thanks for the info.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #236 of 311
I thought I mentioned filters coming loose a while back. I know I mentioned it in the N5005 thread, but I thought I mentioned it here too.

By the way folks, if you can get a good deal on the N5005, they are worth it. I love both my N40 and N5005.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #237 of 311
First my AKGk3003i cable broke, now my n40 broke today. The right side ear nosel disconnected from the housing!

I think this has happened to me too. Is the Ear Phone Tube not supposed to come away from the ear piece like in the pic I'll attach? I can't seem to get it to stay back in.

8FhMf3w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back