AKG K812 Pro
Oct 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #2,971 of 4,832

I'll have a look at that... but I have yet to get accustomed to the K812 a bit more.
So far it seems it might rival my T1, but its too early... the T1 kept leaping back to the top again and again, its simply something I really like in the long run.

Not to stalk you too much, but with my incoming V220 I'd really appreciate some impressions of your V281 with T1 and K812 
redface.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #2,972 of 4,832
I'll have a look at that... but I have yet to get accustomed to the K812 a bit more.
So far it seems it might rival my T1, but its too early... the T1 kept leaping back to the top again and again, its simply something I really like in the long run.

I haven't heard the T1 yet. I was planning on going to the big LA HeadFi meet but I just couldn't make it. One of these days I'll check it out.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2,973 of 4,832
Interesting info macbob. Thanks. I always wondered whether the Vahalla 2 or the Lyr 2 would be best for the K812. I miss my Lyr with Telefunken tubes... they were glorious back in the day when I was driving planars...

I miss my Lyr also. I'm tempted to buy the Lyr 2 just to find out how it would sound with the K812, unfortunatly I can't do it right now. If you get one I'd like to hear your opinion on the combo.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #2,974 of 4,832
To those who have owned the K812 for a long time, do you hear any difference with burn-in? I'm not a big burn-in believer, but I certainly "think" I heard a difference with burn-in when I had my Q701 (not so much with HD800).

Also, does anyone have any clue on what serial number is the latest K812s are at?

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #2,975 of 4,832
  Not to stalk you too much, but with my incoming V220 I'd really appreciate some impressions of your V281 with T1 and K812 
redface.gif

No problem, I'll be happy to share my impressions. But I still have to order my V281 -- funds are not limitless unfortunately, so it takes some planning and may work out to the end of October.

I haven't heard the T1 yet. I was planning on going to the big LA HeadFi meet but I just couldn't make it. One of these days I'll check it out.

I can only recommend the T1. As I said above, it keeps coming back to the top of my preference list time and time again... simply a superb headphone for my taste. And given its rather low price (compared with other TOTL cans) its even easier to recommend.

Also, does anyone have any clue on what serial number is the latest K812s are at?

I purchased mine just last week and it carries #4611. So far around 5000 are built and packaged as far as I know (and I have a rather good source on that)

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2,976 of 4,832
To those who have owned the K812 for a long time, do you hear any difference with burn-in? I'm not a big burn-in believer, but I certainly "think" I heard a difference with burn-in when I had my Q701 (not so much with HD800).

I definently heard an improvement after 75 hours.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #2,977 of 4,832

1 No problem, I'll be happy to share my impressions. But I still have to order my V281 -- funds are not limitless unfortunately, so it takes some planning and may work out to the end of October.

2 I can only recommend the T1. As I said above, it keeps coming back to the top of my preference list time and time again... simply a superb headphone for my taste. And given its rather low price (compared with other TOTL cans) its even easier to recommend.

3 I purchased mine just last week and it carries #4611. So far around 5000 are built and packaged as far as I know (and I have a rather good source on that)

1- Cool. Toys shouldn't be a priority unless we have a really boring life 
biggrin.gif

2- I find T1 to be a jack of all trades. For the price it sure does make a compelling choice for a single TOTL can rig

3- Hopefully the next batch will lower the price down to bring it inline with current street prices of other top dynamics 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #2,978 of 4,832

I purchased mine just last week and it carries #4611. So far around 5000 are built and packaged as far as I know (and I have a rather good source on that)

I purchased mine 3 days ago and the serial is 001075, though I didn't buy a new pair, but a clearance of a showroom demo unit.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #2,979 of 4,832

1- Cool. Toys shouldn't be a priority unless we have a really boring life 
biggrin.gif

2- I find T1 to be a jack of all trades. For the price it sure does make a compelling choice for a single TOTL can rig

3- Hopefully the next batch will lower the price down to bring it inline with current street prices of other top dynamics 
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit longer... there's still quite a queue, mine is scheduled for end of November. The Phonitor2 is nevertheless doing a good job with the K812, so I guess I can wait.

Yes, the T1 still fascinates me... While I've never had problems with their cups they now seem a bit small when compared with the K812 cups which are deeper and more spacious. While the K812 shows details more upfront they are by no way missing on the T1. In the long run I think the T1 is the more relaxed headphone. Well... I'm happy to be able to keep both I guess :wink:

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #2,984 of 4,832
  Will/can someone please provide a definitive answer to PJ50000's question (instead of pat conjecture)?

The K812's serial is currently at #5k-ish, and the HD800 is at #30k-ish. But then again, the K812 has only been around for a year, while the HD800 has been around for 5 years. If we project the sales using linear forecasting method, with 5k per year AKG should sell 25k-ish K812s after 5 years. So IMO no, the K812 does not outsell the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back