AKG K702 Impressions.
Jul 6, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #77 of 636
The HD Tracks 96/24 Sampler is amazing. I downloaded it a while back. The K702's make it sound all that much better though.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #78 of 636
I just got the K702 a few days ago, and all I have to say is that is headphone is ridiculous. It's only undergone 2 days of burn-in, so the highs still have a shade of that metallic brightness to it, but overall it's very musical. The bass and mids are already mostly there, and it's just the slight (and I mean very slight) metallic highs that haven't fully disappeared. I love it. Crystal clear sound. I can't believe it still gets better from here on.

I received the RS1 the same day, and both have been burning in since. The RS1's already fully burned in. I'm comparing every headset I have, and I think the K702 will probably end up my favorite headphone, over the RS1. I love the Grado sound. I truly do. But these K702's are just flat out ridiculous.

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #79 of 636
You need a nice tube amp to run those nice headphones you're amassing. I agree with your assessment between the two but they are made for two different jobs.

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #80 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need a nice tube amp to run those nice headphones you're amassing. I agree with your assessment between the two but they are made for two different jobs.

Nuh uh! There will be no more money spent on any of this craziness!

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #81 of 636
Heh, I said that once but alas I heard a few good amps and the bank account emptied instantly..

If you ever need an amp in the future, get a hybrid for the K702's.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #82 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the K702 a few days ago, and all I have to say is that is headphone is ridiculous. It's only undergone 2 days of burn-in, so the highs still have a shade of that metallic brightness to it, but overall it's very musical. The bass and mids are already mostly there, and it's just the slight (and I mean very slight) metallic highs that haven't fully disappeared. I love it. Crystal clear sound. I can't believe it still gets better from here on.

I received the RS1 the same day, and both have been burning in since. The RS1's already fully burned in. I'm comparing every headset I have, and I think the K702 will probably end up my favorite headphone, over the RS1. I love the Grado sound. I truly do. But these K702's are just flat out ridiculous.

Yeah the K702's are the best headphone I have heard to date. I agree with you though I was saying how can they sound any better after about 50 hours of burn in.

But just wait, they open up at about 150 and really come into their own at around 300-350 hours. I really noticed the soundstage open up and they are just absolutely amazing. These are the only headphones that have kept me from spending time with my stereo.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #83 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the K702's are the best headphone I have heard to date. I agree with you though I was saying how can they sound any better after about 50 hours of burn in.

But just wait, they open up at about 150 and really come into their own at around 300-350 hours. I really noticed the soundstage open up and they are just absolutely amazing. These are the only headphones that have kept me from spending time with my stereo.

Good to know. I'm at the 50hr mark, and the RS1 isn't keeping up. I got them at the exact same time. In the race between the two, the RS1 lead during the first 2 days. Now the K702 is leading.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #84 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you ever need an amp in the future, get a hybrid for the K702's.

Stop that! La la la la la la..... I'm not listening!

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #85 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop that! La la la la la la..... I'm not listening!

Do you have an amp? If you don't you really need to get one for the K702's it really brings them to life, and I am not using anything too great.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #86 of 636
Quote:

Do you have an amp? If you don't you really need to get one for the K702's it really brings them to life, and I am not using anything too great.

My bro gave me an amp he made. It's wonderful, and I won't be buying anything better. This is rig one.

Rig two: I bought a used stereo receiver for close to nothing off Craigslist. Fed the signal from my Cowon S9 to it, and it's functionally an amp with many other uses. Best $20 I've spent.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #87 of 636
Well if you are happy with it, thats good. I am just warning you if you do ever get to a meet and hear some of the better amps with those higher end headphones you have you will find yourself wanting to empty out the bank account on new equipment.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #89 of 636
Ever since I got the K.I.C.A.S Caliente amp for my 701 I haven't been able to stop listening. It is so smooth and the bass on this amp is great! This amp is a great match for these headphones.

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #90 of 636
Quote:

The HD Tracks 96/24 Sampler is amazing. I downloaded it a while back. The K702's make it sound all that much better though.

What tracks are these? I'd like to try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back