AKG K702 "Fields of Gold"
Aug 31, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #16 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too bad the cable is not detachable on both sides for balanced use. that would make this headphone more interesting.

I wonder if it can be replaced with a 4-pin male? If it's done the same way as the 240 and 271, you might be able to recable it that way, and then even have a 3-4pin adapter, giving it flexibility to run from anything.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #17 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats what I thought as well..
ph34r.gif

Me too
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if it can be replaced with a 4-pin male? If it's done the same way as the 240 and 271, you might be able to recable it that way, and then even have a 3-4pin adapter, giving it flexibility to run from anything.

It's not easy to replace it, it's a 3-pin cable.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #19 of 137
I am pretty excited about this. I have one on order from Northern Sound and Light and 2 cables waiting to be tried - A Zu and one silver DIY cable from another headfier.

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #20 of 137
Hi,
thank you for the responds

I know about different burning in times generate different results ... so I don't compare between.

If the sound-tuning of K701 and K702 exactly the same - I can't say, but I send a question to AKG.

For using other cables - a service manual are ready for download

K 702

Own pics coming soon

Sep 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #21 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by alavan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not easy to replace it, it's a 3-pin cable.

The exploded view (service doc) does not make it look like it would all that hard to rewire. Coming across a 4-pin male mini-XLR (part 9) that fits could be another matter. The way it is constructed makes it difficult to verify whether it is a TB3M or not (I've tried to look on my 271, which made the same way).

That would offer a balanced option that keeps the same aesthetics and feature set of the stock HP (including detachable cables, so you could have a balanced HP, but then hook up a cable to listen to shared-ground equipment).

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #24 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can hardly wait until the K702 Mk II comes out in November.
Just kidding.
regular_smile .gif

I don't think that AKG make a new K702 MKII in November 2008 .... in November 2009 OK

I will communicate your wish for a 4 pin connector to AKG .......

But one can coming - a new K701 MKII ......

Now I have a burning in period - an listen with too.

For 7x24 burning in I search for a good MP3 player with external PSU and line out. I don't like running my Marantz 7x24 uncontrolled - as HA amp I will use my WNA MKII.

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #27 of 137
I took my K701s to a meet and compared them with other K701s there and there were considerable differences.

As the K702 has different cable arrangements from the K701, could that not lead to differences in SQ? Otherwise, why do people upgrade cables if different cables don't lead to different SQ?

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #29 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Project Katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you so long to post pics?
biggrin.gif

I made a photo session today, but must adapt and publish on my homepage, some I will post here - please take a bit patience :)

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #30 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! I wish if you can compare them with K701 in depth?!

My first feeling - the K702 are more detailled in silent passages, they seems me a bit louder - but this message is more subjective ........ the burning in time is much different .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back