AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Aug 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #46 of 52
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.

Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.

I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it. 

I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #48 of 52
I don't either, :p

I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:
but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do.

It's a vicious cycle 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #50 of 52
d**n straight it is, and that is why I'm stopping here with headphones for a bit.  I was able to stop for awhile back then with the D2k. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 52
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :

Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)

Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)

Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.

Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400 

Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice :wink:

Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )

May 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #52 of 52
It's a vicious cycle 
evil_smiley.gif

Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back