AKG K701 - The Holy Grail
Jan 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #61 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I wouldn't get involved, this seems to be one of those "between old enemies" things. Better to stay out of it, we should.

Understood, but just trying to help!
eek.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #64 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
DIE YOU GHASTLY KOBOLD
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

There's no drama like headphone drama. Of all the inconsequential nonsenses...

Good point there really is nothing more funny then fights over the internet
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #65 of 92
Quote:

As stupid (and highly hypocritical) as this sounds, the white color is the main thing that's holding me back from a purchase. (besides cost) Not because of the ipod association either, I just think it's not the right color. If these came out in black/silver/dark blue or something, I'd be getting the wallet ready. (I'd still get it anyway probably, I don't buy phones for fashion statements)

That's not hypocritical. It's indeed an added element of rational criticism, I dare say.

Just buy one, and then see for yourself whether my previously warned "interdependence of form and function" makes any kind of sense or is just philosophical mumbo-jumbo.
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #66 of 92
Quote:

well, are there any rumors about a planned alternate color?
tongue.gif

Well you can always custom paint them yourself.
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #67 of 92
Quote:

However, I thought that posting my opinion on this headphone, given my almost insanely zealous defense of the Sennheiser lineup, might be of interest to some.

Well, at least now we can look forward to more irrational defenses of the K701.

Jan 1, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #68 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geek
That I heard the K701 on a headroom amp which is mind-blowingly ahead of anything else there in the digital world?

Headroom amps are decent... but 'mind-blowingly ahead'? Gimmie a break.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #70 of 92
Any chance of recabling these in a balanced configuration? That's the only thing holding me back from checking them out.... that and the fact that I couldn't stand the K1000 for the time I had them.

Jan 1, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #71 of 92
You don't even need to recable them, each channel already has a seperate ground wire. So just hack off the 1/4" and solder on some XLR's. Of course you could always still recable them if you wish.

Jan 1, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #73 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Yep, the mind-blowingly ahead comment was a little odd. But come on, I think they did a slightly better job than 'decent'...
very_evil_smiley.gif

He must have been talking about Tyll's shirts
eek.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #74 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
That's not hypocritical.

Well, i consider it a bit so because whenever someone asks for a recommendation and says it has to look "stylish" or whatever, I'm usually of the first to go "who gives a damn".
Quote:

Well you can always custom paint them yourself.

You've obviously never seen my work with fingerpaint. I'm not very good.

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 92
Quote:

I wouldn't get involved, this seems to be one of those "between old enemies" things. Better to stay out of it, we should.

Wow, we have "Enemies" and stuff here at Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's see. We have "old enemies," hype, drama, constant revelations, and sexy females (on our Avatar). It's a regular daytime soap program!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back