AKG K701 - The Holy Grail
Dec 31, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
IPOD
biggrin.gif

Quote of the year... (so far 11 hours into 2006)

Overlunge

Dec 31, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #32 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Quote of the year... (so far 11 hours into 2006)

Overlunge

Not me, buddy. Still 2005, and I've heard better quotes for '05!
wink.gif

As to the color, well, I've never been overly concerned about my headphones' visual appeal, just sonic acumen, and even coming from that perspective those are some of the ugliest headphones I've ever seen.

Dec 31, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #33 of 92
Would you guys think that getting the k701 would be a logical upgrade from the 595's since I like the slightly more forwardness but have no intention to go all the way out to grado side of the spectrum, also my amp will be the aria.

Dec 31, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #34 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by green84061
Would you guys think that getting the k701 would be a logical upgrade from the 595's since I like the slightly more forwardness but have no intention to go all the way out to grado side of the spectrum, also my amp will be the aria.

If you like the 595s, the k701s are your wet dream come true. I can't comment on the Aria = haven't heard one yet.

Dec 31, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #39 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
If you like the 595s, the k701s are your wet dream come true. I can't comment on the Aria = haven't heard one yet.

Hmm... will they retain all of the sheer beauty? (for how I conceive the thing, which of course you don't know so you're not allowed to answer
tongue.gif
)

Dec 31, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #40 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean-xenos
The construction of the K701s looks a bit flimsy, especially the connection between headband and the drivers.

I had the same question after I got my 501s. Posted here, and the resounding response was: "had mine for years, no problem". so long as you keep scissors away, of course.

Dec 31, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #42 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
As to the color, well, I've never been overly concerned about my headphones' visual appeal, just sonic acumen, and even coming from that perspective those are some of the ugliest headphones I've ever seen.

Did you know? Form and function of things are closely interdependent, by necessity, for whatever act of "creation".
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #43 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Not by a long, long, long shot. Beep -- insert coin to play again.

Not to say it isn't a good headphone, but the hype is becoming ridiculously overbearing at this point. Restrain yourselves people, for deity's sake... do you truly believe everybody should all sell their headphones, buy the K701 and we just shut down head-fi and go home now?
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Geek, next time please try the "long winded review" approach if you want to do anything other than feed the hype machine. Thanks in advance.

P.S... next up:

icon10.gif

I agree 110%. The 701 may very well be the "Holy Grail" of cans for under $1 grand, but please allow the phones at least a few more months before making that proclamation.

I'll wait until Feb or March before buying one.

Jan 1, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #44 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Not to say it isn't a good headphone, but the hype is becoming ridiculously overbearing at this point.

I'd say the hype is actually significantly less than at the introduction of the CD3K, DT880 and HD650. That said it seems moderate critical voice and moderate praise side is somewhat absent. From the extreme pro or extreme con I'd say the con has it wrong more often. Even earlier in this thread writing off the whole approaching Senn-like sound seems a bit much (even if every sentence as an 'IMO' at the end).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back