AKG K701 & Sennheiser 650
Apr 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

TDL-speakers

100+ Head-Fier
Been living with the AKG K701 headphones for over 1 year. With out a question they are very good headphones with fantastic detail and midrange.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone compared the AKG K701 to the Sennheiser 650s? If so, what are the difference between the two?

Plus, does both the K701 & 650 have a flat frequency response?

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomoyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one has more romance?

The nicer looking one, figure yourself
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 32
TDL-speakers, i hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you're not going to get many answers from seasoned guys here.

why? because it's already been covered many, many times.

just do a simple search in the full-size headphone forum, and you'll see that, dating all the way back to 2007, folks have been comparing these two headphones endlessly...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/akg...-hd650-272557/

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TDL-speakers, i hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you're not going to get many answers from seasoned guys here.

why? because it's already been covered many, many times.

just do a simple search in the full-size headphone forum, and you'll see that, dating all the way back to 2007, folks have been comparing these two headphones endlessly...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/akg...-hd650-272557/

Yes, I agree with you. Sometimes I don't think before I put threads up
wink_face.gif

Cheers.

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanHF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess your equipments and amplifications will also affect how HD650 sound.
To me they sound very good with every music I play.
Sometimes I find myself wanting more bass from it.
So definitely to me they are not bass heavy.

I agree, the 650 has a powerful and extended sound in the bass department, but I wouldnt call them bass heavy.

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #13 of 32
I remember a few years back I had the AKG 701 and bought the HD-650. I immediately disliked them due to vocals being a bit harder to hear. I just did not like how they sounded and I'm sorry I can't provide a better reason because it was so long ago. I wasn't as educated back then as I am now when it comes to sound quality.

Strangely enough I tried the HD-600 and immediately loved them. They are a good pair to go along with the AKG 701 I think!

There are a few reasons I went with the HD-600 despite not liking the HD-650. I know you had asked about the HD-650, but I think the HD-600 is worth checking into.

First, in a recent post someone mentioned that the HD-650 is a more laid back version of the HD-600 due to slightly rolled off upper frequencies (of the HD-650). There is also a bit less bass on the HD-600 then the HD-650. That was a huge plus for me. I'm very, very surprised that someone thinks the HD-650 doesn't have enough bass. The HD-600 to me has maybe 5% more then i'd like.

The HD-600 is bright, but never gets to the point where it is annoying. Some of the upper frequencies on the AKG 702 (like in some hard rock) can get very annoying to me. They almost never do on the HD-600 and that's why I like them.

Some people might think i'm crazy, but the AKG 701 and HD-600 have some similarities! I just find the HD-600 more of a toned down version of the AKG 701, but yet with a bit more bass, slightly less forward detail and a much smaller soundstage. Most people won't agree with me probably, but vocals sound much better to me on the HD-600.

I have a feeling that a lot of fans of the AKG 701 might like the HD-600, even more so then the HD-650!

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #15 of 32
I had a Very interesting read in the ''AKG K701 vs Sennheiser HD650?'' thread.

It's like people are saying the AKG K701 is like a revealing Monitor loudspeaker. And the Senns is the more forgiving loudspeaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back