AKG K67 Review?
Jan 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 41
i burned them in the whole day. sound on music is quite nice. but still it does not reach deeper then lets say 40 hz. worst issue i recognized is the sounding of voices in movies. man, they sound like coming out of a 1970s kitchen radio. they will leave me soon, thats for sure. hope the k167 fixes this.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 41
i burned them in the whole day. sound on music is quite nice. but still it does not reach deeper then lets say 40 hz. worst issue i recognized is the sounding of voices in movies. man, they sound like coming out of a 1970s kitchen radio. they will leave me soon, thats for sure. hope the k167 fixes this.

bummer, I was looking forward to them.

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 41
Funny..............My K67 MUST be the lowest hitting portable cans I have ever tried.......and I have tried virtually everything portable really. The sub-bass is even a bit too much for some tracks. If there's one defining quality of  the K67 it must be the sub-bass. Reaches MUCH deeper than cans twice as big. And that has nothing to do with source - THAT bass can be produced on the K67 even out of my iphone.........

On the other hand, sofastreamer's description matches my experience with the K618/619 instead.............

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #21 of 41
just bought the k67 to replace my k518le, they will be here on friday. Will see how they sound myself :) Was debating between the CAL! k67, px200 ii, but then decided to pull the trigger. Got them for $70, hope they worth the price tag lol.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #22 of 41
At present I have both the K619 and K67 in my possession, and K619 sound VERY different from the k67 that even untrained ears can differentiate them. There are similarities yes, but the tonal balance and timbre quality is very different really.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #23 of 41
jdaclutch, that's a great price!! Hope u like it, quite sure u will, but do let us know even if u dun~~

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #25 of 41
cool cool. i already asked, but how's the overall built quality? The seller just shipped out mines through UPS, should be here on Friday, unfortunately I have to work that day, so i won't be able to listen to it until i get home. Excited.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #26 of 41
Sorry for beating a dead horse, I will get mines tomorrow, but do you have a chance to compare them with CAL!? the CAL! just dropped down the $60 and it is very temping to pick those up as well.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #28 of 41
Just got them friday night, here is my initial impression

Sound: K67 = These are definately an upgrade from  K518 in term of SQ, more sub-bass, and not dark sounding. bass is not as punchy as the k518, but it is more refined(which i think is the good thing for my taste), more details in vocal and instruments. Overall is a great listening experience. 8/10

Built Quality: I must say I'm very happy that the k67s got rid of the y-cable, and the cable is thicker and longer than the k518, so i don't have to worry about breaking it. the overall BQ of the k67s is very sturdy and solid 8.5/10.

Comfy: not as "clamp happy" as the akg k518, the superaural design is good, but could be better( i'm spoiled by my Sennheisser), the paddings are softer and deeper than the k518. I would say this is pretty darn as portable on-ear cans

Isolation: tried them at a fairly noise environment, had the vol on 20/30 with my nokia lumia 920, can't hear a darn thing outside, and didn't notice any leakage. 9/10

I got them for $69.99 brand new off a ebay reseller, which I think it is a solid price. I give them 8/10 over

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #29 of 41
I just ordered these yesterday, I'm excited to get them. I got them for use while at work. I wish there was more reviews/info on these. I hope they are great portable phones. I will update when I get some time with them, and get them burned in.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:
I just ordered these yesterday, I'm excited to get them. I got them for use while at work. I wish there was more reviews/info on these. I hope they are great portable phones. I will update when I get some time with them, and get them burned in.

Portability is awesome with these guys, if you are coming from k518le like me, you can just use the k518le pouch to store them if not no biggie. Here are some picture to give you an idea how they look on head and how they fold up. Just don't expect these will be as comfort as full-size that you use at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back