AKG K530 or K601 - allround headphones for work
Jan 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but that's a really good amp, and you'll be good with your USB sound card for some time, then just buy a better dac and you're really good.

Also, at what price you're getting the k601?

1200NOK = 170USD

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #32 of 33
So, got my K601s, and they sounded great, but did indeed have a slightly "flat" signature with slightly overexposed highs and thin lows.

I've got it plugged into my USB soundcard, so the overall sound quality is good and no noise. It did seem to have enough power to drive the headphones.

I've recently taken up digital EQing of my home hifi rig, so as an alternative to buying a headphone amp I thought I'd give that a go for the K601s at work as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

curve.jpg

So what can I say? It works great - perfect amount of bass and pleasant high end, works well with any kind of music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well worth a try for those of you who are running your headphones from a computer
smily_headphones1.gif

Note: For those of you who notice - The overall gain has been reduced 9db, that's why the curve is below the middle. This to have enough headroom to increase the bass without clipping on material that is already recorded at high levels (like most modern pop music and some rock with crappy producers)

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #33 of 33
A small update, have now purchased the Shanling PH100 amp, will let you know how it works out on my K601 as soon as I get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back