AKG K361/K371
May 27, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #1,067 of 1,294
Just for fun :)
And I believe it could be done without changing cables inside.
Headphone from the socket side (left) would be connected directly to the socket, so cables would be used to connecting only right headphone to the socket.
Depends on how the internal cabling is done, I did not check that. Can be done I guess, report back with photos if you convert yours — would be interesting to see

May 27, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #1,068 of 1,294
Depends on how the internal cabling is done, I did not check that. Can be done I guess, report back with photos if you convert yours — would be interesting to see
Yes I'll probably try but its going to be like in the next ~2months.
My unit is like 1 month old, previous one died after ~2 months of use.
So I'll probably wait to make sure that this one is not "bad" one, who knows maybe I'll need to get a warranty replacement again.
I heard that this headphones could be very unreliable.

But if course if I do such mod I'm going to share some photos and thoughts after that.

May 27, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #1,069 of 1,294
Yes I'll probably try but its going to be like in the next ~2months.
My unit is like 1 month old, previous one died after ~2 months of use.
So I'll probably wait to make sure that this one is not "bad" one, who knows maybe I'll need to get a warranty replacement again.
I heard that this headphones could be very unreliable.

But if course if I do such mod I'm going to share some photos and thoughts after that.
Some people report reliability issues, and then you have others like me who have had them for 2 and a half years and have never had an issue. I’m easy on my stuff, but they do get used almost daily, so they are being used. They are my most used headphone. If they broke tomorrow for some weird reason though, I’d immediately buy another one.

C836D694-930E-4CCE-8E11-0B511CAC7F43.jpeg

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,070 of 1,294
So after a week with the Dekoni Choice Suede pads on my K371 I’d have to say that these are a solid improvement in terms of comfort and fit. The sound is at least 98% the same great sound as before. But the fabric pads feel much nicer than the fake leather and give a much more consistent seal. They still don’t like glasses, but I usually wear contacts so whatever.

With the stock pads I couldn’t really move or the pad seal against my head would be broken, with these pads I can get up and actually walk around and the seal stays intact almost 100% of the time. With the stock pads this headphone would sound it’s best and have the most sub-bass right after getting a haircut, these Dekoni choice suede pads don’t seem to care. I just got my haircut this morning and they sound the same as they did yesterday. The only real complaint is that these are still a bit of a small diameter on the inside, but that’s more of the headphones fault really.

I highly recommend these Dekoni Choice Suede pads for anyone looking for a pad change but wants to keep the stock sound.

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #1,072 of 1,294
I just received my K371. Could you guys share some knowledge about the break in for this? Is it necessary and if it is how long?
Just let the pads settle and conform to your head. It has a silicon and plastic headband, so there's not much point trying to stretch it.

99% of what burn-in is for most headphones is initial pad wear and your own adjustment to the sound signature changes.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #1,073 of 1,294
Just let the pads settle and conform to your head. It has a silicon and plastic headband, so there's not much point trying to stretch it.

99% of what burn-in is for most headphones is initial pad wear and your own adjustment to the sound signature changes.
Well said.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #1,074 of 1,294
Now I have pain in my left ear within few minutes of using my new K371. I think the driver is touching my ear slightly. Will this pressure ease out over time or do I have to change the ear pads?

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,075 of 1,294
Now I have pain in my left ear within few minutes of using my new K371. I think the driver is touching my ear slightly. Will this pressure ease out over time or do I have to change the ear pads?

That’s a somewhat common issue people have with these.

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #1,077 of 1,294
Is there a solution?

You can try different pads. The Dekoni Choice Suede pads keep the same sound. I have them on my K371, but I never had the ear touching the driver problem so I don’t know if these solve that problem for people who had that problem.

Jun 2, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #1,078 of 1,294
Jun 3, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #1,079 of 1,294
Have you had any luck with adjusting the headband length a little in either direction, as well as the angle between the top of the headband and your ears?

A lot of people when setting up headphones put them too far forward or on the middle of their scalp, and that can leave the headband adjustment too tight, creating too much clamping force when creating a seal.

EDIT: clarified this as general headphone fitting advice.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,080 of 1,294
I have two noob questions:
  1. Does each box of AKG K371 come with all three cables (1.2m straight, 3m straight, and 3m coiled)? The official product page lists these cable lengths but I have never seen any online vendor give the option of choosing the cable.
  2. Can something like a 1st gen FiiO X5 drive it decently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back