AKG K330 or Sennheiser Cx 500 GAME??
Feb 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DMC_S2000

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone...I'm having trouble deciding which I should get between this two...a little help here?

Priority is Sound Quality...

oh and disregard the price talk....

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Having first bought CX500 from play.com, after two months of occasional listening, I found that I fell in love with them, because they kept on getting better and better as they burn in. However, after a flight to Hong Kong I thought I left them on the BA but I didn't. As I thought I left them on the plane, I went to play.com again and bought the AKG K330 as there were no K340 and I heard there's not too much difference between 330 and 340.

I have to say as I opened the AKG K330 and listened to them at the first them, they sounded 'YUCK', and I wondered how did I got myself into buying **** things like this?

but now, after two months of occasional burning in overnight, I have to say it is better than my CX500s, which in terms of bass, the CX 500 id a bit better but not by far, just a bit. And in other areas such as the highs and the lows, the AKG reproduce much more details and with more clarity, crystal like sound, calm and cold sounding, as the AKG is well known for, I got the CX 500 for 15GBP (don't know if it is fake or not but it sounded really really really good compared to my old ones) I got the K330 for 25 GBP for new and I think that the K330 is pretty much a good bargain for what quality it gives.

Another interesting thing is that my K330 has really strong but thin cables which if I leave them folded, they do not tangle, whereas if I do the same to the CX500 they do, so the CX 500 has became 2nd place in the headphones now, Lol.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back