AKG K24P
May 13, 2006 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DanPrior

Head-Fier
Greetings
biggrin.gif

What´s you opinion about this headphones?

May 13, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 10
New here??
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Crap is not a word to use for these. They are a good phones, just buy and listen to them. Belive me you can not find a cheaper close back phones with a quality sound like AKG K26P. Only your ears can speak the true for you.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanPrior
Greetings
biggrin.gif

What´s you opinion about this headphones?

May 13, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 10
While the closed K26/27 is a catastrophy, the open K24 sounds at least acceptable. PX100 or KSC75 are much better, though.

May 14, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen
While the closed K26/27 is a catastrophy, the open K24 sounds at least acceptable. PX100 or KSC75 are much better, though.

That is definitely open for debate. I can't stand the Koss KSC75s - the PX100's are okay, but I much prefer my K24Ps over both of them. I think that the K26Ps can sound better than the K24Ps (I use both of them regularly) - but they have to be correctly positioned on the ears - so that they don't get a tight seal. If the K26Ps get a tight seal - you get icky, bloated bass.

Hey flamerz, how about the "don't bother responding unless you have something useful to contribute" function? Do you think that you can try to keep the snotty comments to a minimum? No one is forcing you to read any thread you don't want to and it takes less effort not to respond than to be rude.

May 14, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
That is definitely open for debate. I can't stand the Koss KSC75s - the PX100's are okay, but I much prefer my K24Ps over both of them. I think that the K26Ps can sound better than the K24Ps (I use both of them regularly) - but they have to be correctly positioned on the ears - so that they don't get a tight seal. If the K26Ps get a tight seal - you get icky, bloated bass.

Hey flamerz, how about the "don't bother responding unless you have something useful to contribute" function? Do you think that you can try to keep the snotty comments to a minimum? No one is forcing you to read any thread you don't want to and it takes less effort not to respond than to be rude.

Kind of funny how you say that to me when the two posts above mine were completely irrelevant. But I was seriously giving him advice, cause I've never listened to the K24Ps. No need to be so irritable.
tongue.gif

May 14, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #9 of 10
Maybe it is not what you have asked, because you question was about AKG 24 but feel like posting anyway.
This is a big issue for most people, the comfort. They are sitting tight on your ears, yes thats true, but they are close back for ones again. And about the BASS. I don't understand your guys, if your source a quality one, then you dont have any problems. A good and correct EQ settings is just fairly enough to reduce the BASS. Those phones are the easy ones I ever used. For example PX100 needs more power from your MP3 player, I have post that before. And that means that they are ENERGY WAMPS. Actualy its all Senn. PX/PMX portable line, I have tried PX100, PMX200, PX200, PX60 ( don't remember about these, was long time ago.But the BASS is just not there for sure). To my opinion, don't even think about 200 line, that's what can be called CRAP, because it is, to me anyway O.K. I like BASS and that's why don't have any problems with AKG K26P. Once again those are very nice CLOSE BACK phones, which can not be totally fair comparable to OPEN models. But for the CLOSE ones, they are one of THE BEST, period.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Well admittedly this reply may be a few years late to a post made some time ago....but I quite enjoy my K24P's.  For tiny phones they have a sense of clarity and power which is impressive given the equally tiny price that I paid for them.  Their minuscule folded-up travel size is another plus for going on the road light with an admittedly less-than-HIGH-fidelity iPod....but all things considered they are great cheap tiny phones with decent to good characteristics.
Miguel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back