AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #1,412 of 1,489
For those who found the k167 lacking somewhere in the mids.
The smaller k67 has more neutral prominent mids with very similar yet slightly smaller bass extension and similar top end highs.
I would say they are directly compete with a vmoda m80 in sound,
And sound like a baby offspring of a k167 mating an m100 :)

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,413 of 1,489
Okay, so i'm a huge fan of Tiesto, and High quality headphones, so i'm really excited about these Tiesto cans. I Currently own alot of headphones, but my best are: Beyerdynamics DT 770 80 Ohm, Standon DJ Pro 2000 ( Old school Tiesto cans) and some cheap Philips one's called SHP 2000, which are my all time favorit bang for the buck headphones, since they are really good, considering the price.

So what i want to know is, how the Tiesto K167 sound, compared to The Stanton and Beyerdynamics listed above, mostly the Stanton's, because they are the one's that the K 167 is going to replace, if i buy them, so if anyone have any of these, and have heard them i would highly appriciate it, if you would give me a reply.  :) 

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,414 of 1,489
Quote:
Okay, so i'm a huge fan of Tiesto, and High quality headphones, so i'm really excited about these Tiesto cans. I Currently own alot of headphones, but my best are: Beyerdynamics DT 770 80 Ohm, Standon DJ Pro 2000 ( Old school Tiesto cans) and some cheap Philips one's called SHP 2000, which are my all time favorit bang for the buck headphones, since they are really good, considering the price.

So what i want to know is, how the Tiesto K167 sound, compared to The Stanton and Beyerdynamics listed above, mostly the Stanton's, because they are the one's that the K 167 is going to replace, if i buy them, so if anyone have any of these, and have heard them i would highly appriciate it, if you would give me a reply.  :) 

Why are you yelling at us?

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #1,416 of 1,489
Quote:
Sorry about that, but actully i never did :) 

There you go
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,417 of 1,489
Quote:

confused_face_2.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,423 of 1,489
i have maybe 45 hrs on the k167 and i feel like the sound is getting better and the clamping is getting tighter, or i am listening to loud.  my head hurts after the last  listening session, but could be coincidence.  loving the sound of these more and more though.  i know most hate coiled cables, but i hate long cables for portable use and i love this one.  still missing detachable cable though  :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,424 of 1,489
Didn't bother burning them in, and just tried them.

Compared to my ath m50's, I like this upgrade so far. Gonna have to wait a bit before i get my word. there does seem more depth in the bass compared to the ath m50s.
I do realize others have said these NEED burn-in. I'll update after i get more time on them.

as for the "durability." Can't really tell, but yes the headband is plastic (or feels like it).

To Miow, i read a bit you mentioned a v2 of these?
what exactly did they say to you?

I really don't feel "confident" about the build. but I'm in a wait and see mode.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,425 of 1,489
There's no V2, that was just an "expression" so to speak. I believe however, they're improving the build quality of the K267, thats why the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back