AKG K12 P, K24 P any good?
Nov 22, 2006 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jelvis

100+ Head-Fier
I've heard these are on par, if not better than the sennhieser mx500s, with the akgs having a better high end and more detail. I think its the mx350s or 450s I've heard and to be quite honest I thought they sucked, they lacked involvment and bass.
Looking at the akg site though, the k12p says they have 'turbobass', is this the same for the k24p? Anybody owned any of these because finding reviews on the internet is impossible!!
And to mention the akg k310/312/314p Im guessing nobodies got these either.

In short, recommendations for some earphones that sit in the ear. These are the kind I want. Please dont suggest any canal phones etc.
Cheers

p.s. price of £20/$40 is my budget

Dec 7, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelvis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at the akg site though, the k12p says they have 'turbobass', is this the same for the k24p?

Well, i wouldn't describe the k24's as "turbobass", but they give good base for the money. The k24 is a good lightweight and mobile pair of phones, and more comfortable then the closed k26's.

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 4
the k24 are amazing!
good deep bass (not boomy at all),great mids and highs (sometime not clean)

but there is one thing, they are open
mad.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 4
They can be comfortable....but there's also a relatively tight clamping action which makes them just a tad tight if you keep on them on for hours and have a biggish head (which I do).  But in spite of some of their deficiencies, they compare favorably to some of my vintage headphones, especially an ancient bulky but cool set of Sansui's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back