AKG K1000 - A collection of information and links
Mar 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #16 of 64
He's saying that the K1000 (and other expensive headphones), are not as good as everyone says they are, that because we listen to them all from portable music players instead of proper amps, we can't understand his point of view, if we were to do that, we would see that our money is badly spent and that what we should do is buy better amps and headphones made by sony to go with them.

What I can't work out is what makes a driver good, or how there can be no perfect headphone except that ones from Sony are the best.

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERTECH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have listened to this headphone and other expensive ones, it is not what you make it to be, you guys here listen to headphones from portables not real amplifiers evaluate headphones from a good amplifier and you'll see what I'm trying to say,there is no perfect headphone... you waste your money, buy a good amplifier and use good driver headphones from SONY and you'll never go back to those expensive lemons

Yeah right!
My Signature 30.2 and Beta 22 are not "real" amplifiers (to use your term), and not expensive either. Cause $3,000 is just pocket money, right!
bigsmile_face.gif

Portable they are as well...

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #20 of 64
Thanks
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #21 of 64
Reorganized and added a lot of links.
Sorted them all by posting year, since that makes it easy to maintain. But also quite easy to follow, at least imo.

Any ideas or missing links, please respond!
smile.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #22 of 64
(MASTERTECH) Dudes a Troll. It's not worth addressing. I will say, I prefer the K-1000 to the R10. Just my preference though.

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 64
robm, you've got my backup
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
robm, you've got my backup
wink.gif

Thanks man!
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #26 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
Well, if you guys are pleased with the "Everything about the K-1000 (K1000)" thread then please use it.
I found it out-dated (summer 2007) and also lacking basic information though. So I decided to make a fresh one.

I think this comment is much more honest than what you wrote initially in your first post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
I have been missing a central place for all this, so I decided to create one.

Yeah, I think in general you are right,that my thread is outdated - allthough your comment "summer 2007" is again a little bit misleading as I included "06-16-2008" all the changes you brought forward plus clearly stating the work was done by you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter Di
Many thanks to krmathis for fixing the head-fi links.

So you start a new one with a new structure: ok.
beerchug.gif

For the sake of the interested K-1000 lovers, the one thing you should assure is that all the threads we allready had brought together in the one thread are also in the new one. It would be great if you could take care regarding this.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter Di /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this comment is much more honest than what you wrote initially in your first post:

Not more honest imo, just more detailed/specific.
Example that your thread lack basic information about the K1000. Besides linking to threads/pages who of course does.

Quote:

Yeah, I think in general you are right,that my thread is outdated - allthough your comment "summer 2007" is again a little bit misleading as I included "06-16-2008" all the changes you brought forward plus clearly stating the work was done by you

I am aware of that. But all I did were to fix the broken links after the out-take in late 2007.
Arrest me if I am wrong, but I don't think any new links have been added since before the out-take. Meaning summer/fall 2007. Which of course are understandable since you no longer own a K1000.

If so, then I am sorry for quoting the wrong time.

Quote:

So you start a new one with a new structure: ok.
beerchug.gif

For the sake of the interested K-1000 lovers, the one thing you should assure is that all the threads we allready had brought together in the one thread are also in the new one. It would be great if you could take care regarding this.

I will [can] make a note of that. That your work influenced me to make my own, and that I copied a handful links.
In the current list there are just those external links that I have copied from your thread though. Every Head-Fi link I have searched up myself and copy pasted/sorted.

Not trying to take away credit for your work in that other thread at all, just had an idea of how to make it more informative and up-to-date.
popcorn.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #29 of 64
A jolly good collection!
smily_headphones1.gif
Like the first version was/is. I'm tempted to buy the K1000 just to use this list for issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back