AKG K 701 owner's thread
Apr 20, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #211 of 370
I got mine on Wednesday night. They have been burning in nonstop. So far they are the best headphones I have ever heard. This includes electrostatics, AKG K1000 etc... The ONLY complaint i have is that the headband kinda presses on the top of my head a bit more than i would like(but i have a giant head). How quiet the "blacks" are is just absouletely amazing to me. Between songs there is absolute SILENCE and then the song starts and everything is there. For me, its not as though im listening to music anymore, its as though there is music being transmitted into my brain. I LOVE these headphones.

Apr 20, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #212 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. . . How quiet the "blacks" are is just absouletely amazing to me. Between songs there is absolute SILENCE and then the song starts and everything is there. For me, its not as though im listening to music anymore, its as though there is music being transmitted into my brain. I LOVE these headphones.

YEAH! Well put!

Apr 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #213 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a horrible two part confession:

Part 1. I watch American Idol (in HD no less).
Part 2. I watch American Idol with my 701s on. (My wife listens with speakers).
The sound of the band is simply astonishing through my 701s. There, my confession is over and I feel so much better now. I'll go say three Hail Marys now.

Doesn't cut it, Audiomagnate. For this degree of sin, your penance must include an hour in the nearest mall, wearing your K-701s, on a Friday or Saturday evening. Go, and sin no more!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #214 of 370
I have played medium to loud music through mine for about 100 hours now- A little better than they were, but male vocals are off in the distance. I also am waiting for the bass...
blink.gif
stupid waiting game...

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #215 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have played medium to loud music through mine for about 100 hours now- A little better than they were, but male vocals are off in the distance. I also am waiting for the bass...
blink.gif
stupid waiting game...

Burn, baby burn... And don't be at all afraid now, to open them up a bit louder than you normally listen as they burn in over night. Wraped in a towel in your sock draw even... Trust me, it's well worth the wait!

Good luck~

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #216 of 370
Amen, brother. And to those guys looking for the ultimate burn-in tracks (in my humble, yet accurate, opinion) look no further than XLO/Reference Labs Test and System Burn-in Disk. There is a 15 min track on there called, appropriately enough, "System Burn-in". The track consists of pink noise mixed with a simultaneous, and continuous, 20-20K Hz sweep, I ripped the disk to my Mac (using the Apple Lossless codec) and set up a playlist with three System Burn-in's and one De-magnetizing Sweep (another track on the XLO/RLTASBI disk which consists of a "specially recorded multiple 40 - 19K Hz frequency sweep at constant magnitude", whatever that means). Put that puppy on infinite repeat and let 'er rip. Mucho serious fine burn-in. 300 hours of that will get you a burn-in that you can light a cigar on. And when you're done, well, you're just completely immune to "can envy".

Love them 701's.

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #217 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't cut it, Audiomagnate. For this degree of sin, your penance must include an hour in the nearest mall, wearing your K-701s, on a Friday or Saturday evening. Go, and sin no more!
evil_smiley.gif

I was actually thinking about wearing my toilet seat covers in public, but NO NO NO I can't do it. What if they arrest me? Will the 701 crowd start a defense fund?

Apr 21, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #218 of 370
Thank you Father, for I have sinned.

Apr 21, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #219 of 370
Quote:

I was actually thinking about wearing my toilet seat covers in public, but NO NO NO I can't do it. What if they arrest me? Will the 701 crowd start a defense fund?

Toilet seat covers.. Why didn't I think of that?
icon10.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #220 of 370
Quote:

Yes, yes, yes. Of course. Of course. Now go, my son. GO GO GO!

Apr 21, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #222 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm enjoying my K701s more and more as times runs by. it doesn't have more than 30 hours on it and i'm in love with it ...

Hy, Epaludo. All bets are off, tho, if you take her to bed!

Apr 21, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #223 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilblee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen, brother. And to those guys looking for the ultimate burn-in tracks (in my humble, yet accurate, opinion) look no further than XLO/Reference Labs Test and System Burn-in Disk. There is a 15 min track on there called, appropriately enough, "System Burn-in". The track consists of pink noise mixed with a simultaneous, and continuous, 20-20K Hz sweep, I ripped the disk to my Mac (using the Apple Lossless codec) and set up a playlist with three System Burn-in's and one De-magnetizing Sweep (another track on the XLO/RLTASBI disk which consists of a "specially recorded multiple 40 - 19K Hz frequency sweep at constant magnitude", whatever that means). Put that puppy on infinite repeat and let 'er rip. Mucho serious fine burn-in. 300 hours of that will get you a burn-in that you can light a cigar on. And when you're done, well, you're just completely immune to "can envy".

Love them 701's.

isn't this cd $60?

Apr 21, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #224 of 370
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600 that I listen to my music LOUD on. Bass is deep and does not distort. Is it normal to get an intermodulation sound on loud deep bass using the K701? Or will some of that go away after use and time?

I had the K601 for a couple weeks and they bass was great! Just decided to upgrade to the K701 within the 30 day swap period.

Apr 21, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #225 of 370
new 701 owner here. my path's been sr60 to 595 to 701.

love the 701s, and wont be upgrading them anytime soon. im running them out of my rega turntable, Arcam cd73 and avr100, which isn't optimal, im sure, and i'm considering the addition of a Gilmore Lite to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back