AKG Headphones noise vibration issue
Oct 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nac5000

New Head-Fier
hello guys well after a lot of head-fi research and analyzing options available here in my country I ended getting the AKG K450s well the thing is with some bass frequencies the left speaker vibrates and makes an audible treble noise when i push the left side against my ear the noise sometimes disappear, I don't have any warranty here and the box was closed so they are new, they sound great but sometimes these noise is disturbing grrrrr!! 
angry_face.gif
they have like 30 hours of use now,  can I open them or adjust something? any idea?  is this a common problem with headphones?  Thanks!!!!

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 6
any idea? I feel like the noise has increased these days
frown.gif
what a shame for AKG quality.

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 6
It might be a loose part, or very likely just a piece of dirt/hair buzzing against the driver. If you can disassemble, take a careful look around. Some compressed air might also be useful.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
It might be a loose part, or very likely just a piece of dirt/hair buzzing against the driver. If you can disassemble, take a careful look around. Some compressed air might also be useful.

hello, I just opened them and the driver is in a sealed plastic case so there is no access to it, I used compressed air and made different tests and the noise is still there
frown.gif
it sometimes with some songs and medium volume disappears what a pity
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi,

I believe that Armaegis is probably right about the loose part - if there's rattling and it stops at lower volumes or when you press the speaker in that's what I would have guessed.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 6
well after trying to fix them without luck I ended selling them today what a shame
frown.gif
I was also selling a shure srh440 that now Im gonna keep
smily_headphones1.gif
although they are a little heavy and uncomfortable for work use
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back