AKG-701 ear cushions - where to get replacments?
Oct 19, 2007 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

takezo

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where i can get a replacement pair of ear-cushions for my akg-701? mine have started to get flabby and flattened...

any hint or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 9
I just ordered a pair from alo a few days back.
It worked out cheaper after - international - delivery than my local akg parts distributor quoted me BEFORE delivery.
The local distributor didn't even have any in stock & it took them three days to get back to me with the price.
Infact they didn't even have the part listed in their system.
Go with alo. Ken shipped mine out the next day.

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 9
just wanted to double check..about pad placement/orientation.
i did do a search but....it kinda confused me..because it seemed to infer that the thinnest part was kinda in front...tilted towards the bottom of the headphone and the thickest part was in the back tilted towards the top of the headphone.

whereas elsewhere...I read it as thinnest part in front (no orientation towards top or bottom of headphone) and thickest part in back (no orientation towards top or bottom of headphone).

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wanted to double check..about pad placement/orientation.
i did do a search but....it kinda confused me..because it seemed to infer that the thinnest part was kinda in front...tilted towards the bottom of the headphone and the thickest part was in the back tilted towards the top of the headphone.

whereas elsewhere...I read it as thinnest part in front (no orientation towards top or bottom of headphone) and thickest part in back (no orientation towards top or bottom of headphone).

well for mine, it's thinnest part to front, centre no orientation to top or bottom

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks d-cee.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back