AKG 375 vs Yamaha-EPH 100 vs Audio Technica ATH-CKM1000
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm sorry, but just as a general rule I wouldn't trust anyone's opinion here about any product with just five posts. 

It is true that haven't been a lot of reviews on the K375/374, but the ones I've found on Amazon.jpn, for example, have all been very positive. I've on found found in the states, and that was highly positive too. Dynamics need burn in and a chance to open up too. Again, I would be suspicious of reviews from baby-fresh head-fiers just popping up out of the blue. But that's just me.
I have been a fan of akg for years and have been on this site for at least a year but I didn't make an account until just recently when I compared my k375 with apple earpods and felt like akg ripped me off and put a $120 price tag on $10 earbuds. Even my k422 sounded a lot better (even though they're on ear, they're still the same brand and a lot cheaper) Maybe my k375 were made incorrectly but they were legit purchased from harmanaudio.com and I listened to them for hours without hearing even the slightest improvement in sound. I'm returning them today and am still looking for good in-ear buds.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #18 of 19
Anyone else tried the k374/k375? How do they sound compared to the eph-100?
Have seen the Amazon and Japanese reviews and although they seem good, i'm still not yet convinced i should buy these.
After having the eph-100 as my first high performance in-ear headphones (which sadly broke) don't want to get down a step and by something i might not like.

For those of you also interested in the comparison of these two (although i don't know if it is the case for them to be compared), below are two reviews i found on geocities.jp. Don't understand japanese and google translate didn't help too much, but there are some interesting graphs to investigate. I'm worried a bit about what i'm seeing on the impulse graph. Do AKG's might sound a bit muffed compared to Yamaha's? 

1. Yamaha EPH-100
2. AKG K374

Also, what other in-ear headphones have a similar sound to the eph-100? I'm an EDM listener and yamaha did a pretty good job. 

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #19 of 19
I'm also very interested in a comparison of these two ones, I'm trying to decide myself since almost one year ago!, its very sad that you cannot "try them" in the shops because it will be very easy and fast to know :/

I'm interested to know which ones offers a better sound, with body and deep. Im even going to sacrifice the handy controller of the AKG one for the plain Yamaha if the sound comparison is worth! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back