AKG 240 sextet insanity!
May 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #76 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to carry on from howlnwolf's update, the seller has given me second chance at $301...

Yes, the seller and I have agreed to part ways, so I am sure he will re-list.

I've got to say, I was so pumped about getting these beauties - but for the money, paying without any buyer protection whatsoever just wouldn't be a smart thing to do. I should add, that while he reneged on accepting a credit card payment, he did suggest a wire transfer as an alternative method of payment
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #77 of 154
Swiss bank account?

May 14, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #79 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by howlndog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've got to say, I was so pumped about getting these beauties - but for the money, paying without any buyer protection whatsoever just wouldn't be a smart thing to do. I should add, that while he reneged on accepting a credit card payment, he did suggest a wire transfer as an alternative method of payment
rolleyes.gif

to be fair, I think you made the right decision as it transpired he wouldnt take credit card payments.

Either he is incredibly greedy and didn't want to eat the paypal fee and still pocket over 300 dollars or something else I wouldn't want to say and risk libelling myself, but why would be interested in removing the only form of payment which is known to protect the buyers interests?

I think walking away unless its at or close to normal price is the best course of action on these, especially when u consider his feedback etc.

still, bummer...

May 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #80 of 154
This thread makes me feel good about what I paid.

They are awesome.

May 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #81 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread makes me feel good about what I paid.

They are awesome.

What did you pay?

May 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #82 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Err, the current AKG240 is only about $125. I cant see how recreating the sextett would make the price barely any different.

it's not just the cost of the passive radiators but the total parts count and the additional care requirements of the passive radiators.

It would certainly cost more. Maybe not $300, but more than it does now. Substantially more. Maybe $200+.

It's a pointless conjecture though, because AKG will never, ever, even consider an attempt at making an exact replica of this headphone.

Even if they had the tooling on hand, which clearly they don't.

The most they're at all likely to do is make a headphone with a similar sound signature. Which would only annoy us, because it's character would not be the same.

May 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #83 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I'm sure it is, after all it is basically a K340 Lite.
wink.gif

You can't blame your K340's for not impressing you. Driving them out of that ridiculous amp and everything. Poor things.
biggrin.gif

Nah man, ya got it backwards. The K340 is the Sextett after it got too comfortable with it's success and just let itself go.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raises the funny question:

Would sextett owners buy the sextett if they were all $300?

Because for me that would be a wholeheartedly YES! Quite frankly I would sell alot of my gear for this baby.

If that was the typical price for them, then yeah I would pay it to get the Sextett, although I would have a lot fewer of them.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlndog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

Wow, that guy is nothin' but bad news. He should be kissing your ass for the amount you bid, rather than trying to pull a fast one on you so he can collect the money then "sell" them again to other people.

May 15, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #84 of 154
Well it looks like I won the latest set to sell on Ebay. I was at the hospital with my pregnant wife and set my max price at 125. When I finally got home I noticed someone still pushed it all the way to my max though.
frown.gif
Oh well I hope I like them.
redface.gif

May 15, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #88 of 154
Judging from that seller I'd bet good money on the price inflated heavily by shill bids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back