AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread
May 30, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #496 of 735
This thread has become quiet, but I hope someone out there can provide some information about the Red Wine Audio upgrade for the 240SS. Now that my unit is out of warranty, I'm more inclined to get my unit modded, but I thought I would ask if anyone who has had their SS upgraded, was it worth the price, and if so, what were the biggest improvements?

I've read Vinnie's site, so I'm looking to see if his comments are corroborated by others. One thing, I primarily use my SS as a source for my speaker system.

Thanks for any info ...

May 30, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #497 of 735
Well my SS is being RW modded right now and should have it back in 10 days.  I can report after i received the upgrade.

May 30, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #498 of 735
  This thread has become quiet, but I hope someone out there can provide some information about the Red Wine Audio upgrade for the 240SS. Now that my unit is out of warranty, I'm more inclined to get my unit modded, but I thought I would ask if anyone who has had their SS upgraded, was it worth the price, and if so, what were the biggest improvements?

I've read Vinnie's site, so I'm looking to see if his comments are corroborated by others. One thing, I primarily use my SS as a source for my speaker system.

Thanks for any info ...

Still have my AK240SS and still love it!

May 30, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #499 of 735
  Well my SS is being RW modded right now and should have it back in 10 days.  I can report after i received the upgrade.

OK, look forward to your impressions ...

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #500 of 735
I just rapid mailed my ak240ss to Vinnie this Monday from Hong Kong, expecting what's the SQ change and don't want to be "a bomber Man" when going to street and really love the state of art of stainless finish ak240:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #501 of 735
I just rapid mailed my ak240ss to Vinnie this Monday from Hong Kong, expecting what's the SQ change and don't want to be "a bomber Man" when going to street and really love the state of art of stainless finish ak240:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please report your impressions once you get your unit back.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #502 of 735
Hi guys i have bought a AK240SS from the classifieds here. I was originally going to get the Plenue S but believe the SS will be better.
Anyway what would be the best IEM's to pair with this in balanced mode?

I was thinking about AKT8ie or Fitear 334?

Would love to hear opinions/suggestions

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #503 of 735
Hi guys i have bought a AK240SS from the classifieds here. I was originally going to get the Plenue S but believe the SS will be better.

I once have tried with Dita truth balanced. and Then I find myself like being on a comfort cushion watching Norah Jones singing in the concert hall. Everything synced so perfect. You should go try.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #504 of 735

How about RW the SS and try 64 audio U8 or U12.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #505 of 735
Some advice please...
Is it normal to have some play in the volume wheel? In other words if you increase/decrease the volume and then move the knob without actually increasing/decreasing the volume there is movement. Is this normal?

Apologies for the stupid question but i just got the player.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #506 of 735
  Some advice please...
Is it normal to have some play in the volume wheel? In other words if you increase/decrease the volume and then move the knob without actually increasing/decreasing the volume there is movement. Is this normal?

Apologies for the stupid question but i just got the player.

Not a stupid question at all. Yes, there is a bit of wiggle with the 240/240SS volume control although it varies with different units.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #508 of 735
  Thank you that puts my mind at ease :)

Enjoy your SS ... I've been enjoying mine for over a year and love its performance and form factor. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #509 of 735
I just received notice that my unit is being shipped from Vinnie. Can't wait to try the mod. In addition to the mod, Vinnie also fixed my volume pot problem. The volume pot is really the only weak point of the 240ss. I think eventually it will go bad and had to be fixed. AK should really issue a recall and replace the volume pot used in the 380 series.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #510 of 735
I just received notice that my unit is being shipped from Vinnie. Can't wait to try the mod. In addition to the mod, Vinnie also fixed my volume pot problem. The volume pot is really the only weak point of the 240ss. I think eventually it will go bad and had to be fixed. AK should really issue a recall and replace the volume pot used in the 380 series.

How does Vinnie actually fix it? What is done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back