AirPods
Feb 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #151 of 709
I like its functions, but I just don't like its form factor. It seems to me that it can easily slip out my ears. Also, the price seems to be a bit high considering its form and feature set, but hey, Apple.

Na. The price is low considering it has 4 mics (2 each), 4 IR sensors (2 each), 3 batteries (1ea + charging case), charging case with Bluetooth plus all their tech including beam forming, noise cancelation and W1 chip.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #153 of 709
I ordered a pair from Apple a couple of days ago they won't be here until April 11 one month to wait that sucks.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #155 of 709
You can pay little bit more, something like 220 to 230$ and get them right away. You won't be disappointed, they are awesome!

There is no way in hell I'm going to pay that much for them I will just wait. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #157 of 709
Set up alerts with iStockNow. I did that and snagged a pair at the my local Apple Store on Thursday. Once the notification hits, you can add them your bag online for in-store pickup. I love them so far. They are staying in well but the true test will be at the gym. I am a little nervous about them falling out while on the treadmill or lifting. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #158 of 709
I must say they stay put in my ears better than in ears. But then again I really don't get in ears to fit. They are super easy to use and the sound surprise me a lot. Never spent this much on Bluetooth headphones but can't say I'm disappointed. Sure I'm a little of an apple fanboy but as disappointed we've been lately I will say these hav a little magic in them.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #159 of 709
You will see these dropped on floors everywhere you go in a few months. Crushed, lost, mis-matched. One will find just 1 of 2. How do you replace the 2nd one you just lost? Not everything is magnetic.

So that's something I will start off with.

2nd - they are absolutely a mediocre product with so called 'magic' as Apple states in their hype rhetoric.

Consumers are using no logical process when consumering and that is accelerating. I'm not sure why this phenomena exists but only a Product and it's price point could exist today
when people JUST AREN'T THINKING.

Any form of bluetooth is not meant for accurate production of ANY high quality music source . So we went from totally acceptable CD (my choice is always vinyl but I'm happy with CD frequency response
for normal everyday listening) to this streaming abomination of audio which cuts out important frequency range as well, they need POWER to operate.
I'm putting my vote and experience and useage of the product in - THEY SUCK
Not impressive in any manner (i've used in ear monitors for years performing as a drummer) so I have some perspective.
And I use mostly Audio Technica pro headphones for any time of critical listening and music mixing.
So that's my contrast point.

Yes you will see these everywhere, but not in people's ears. Not only will they be lost, the battery will fail in EVERY SINGLE ONE in time. Food for thought.
Not a lifetime product in any manner. Dumberer and Dumbest is where this goes.

(even with my test pair, I never got a frequency response chart.... this is what I'm waiting for to view) Anyone??

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #160 of 709
You will see these dropped on floors everywhere you go in a few months. Crushed, lost, mis-matched. One will find just 1 of 2. How do you replace the 2nd one you just lost? Not everything is magnetic.

So that's something I will start off with.

2nd - they are absolutely a mediocre product with so called 'magic' as Apple states in their hype rhetoric.

Consumers are using no logical process when consumering and that is accelerating. I'm not sure why this phenomena exists but only a Product and it's price point could exist today
when people JUST AREN'T THINKING.

Any form of bluetooth is not meant for accurate production of ANY high quality music source . So we went from totally acceptable CD (my choice is always vinyl but I'm happy with CD frequency response
for normal everyday listening) to this streaming abomination of audio which cuts out important frequency range as well, they need POWER to operate.
I'm putting my vote and experience and useage of the product in - THEY SUCK
Not impressive in any manner (i've used in ear monitors for years performing as a drummer) so I have some perspective.
And I use mostly Audio Technica pro headphones for any time of critical listening and music mixing.
So that's my contrast point.

Yes you will see these everywhere, but not in people's ears. Not only will they be lost, the battery will fail in EVERY SINGLE ONE in time. Food for thought.
Not a lifetime product in any manner. Dumberer and Dumbest is where this goes.

(even with my test pair, I never got a frequency response chart.... this is what I'm waiting for to view) Anyone??

This is just your point of view. Technology has come a long way to offer people a way to listen to their music freely wherever they are. We are not anymore in a position to sit in a living room with a turntable and listen to 5 pieces. We have with us all time, all music of the world and we can choose and listen whatever we want, wherever we are without cables and such disturbances...Human is changing and thus being offered new possibilities to match with his changes. That's life man! You are just stuck to your 50 years ago way of life with your 100 kilos collection of 30 vinyls! That's just dead and you just cannot accept its death! I may agree that some frequencies are cut out of the spectrum, but you know what? The offered way and all these tech accomplishments of new life are paying off for something which in any case cannot be heard by most human ears...

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #161 of 709
This is just your point of view. Technology has come a long way to offer people a way to listen to their music freely wherever they are. We are not anymore in a position to sit in a living room with a turntable and listen to 5 pieces. We have with us all time, all music of the world and we can choose and listen whatever we want, wherever we are without cables and such disturbances...Human is changing and thus being offered new possibilities to match with his changes. That's life man! You are just stuck to your 50 years ago way of life with your 100 kilos collection of 30 vinyls! That's just dead and you just cannot accept its death! I may agree that some frequencies are cut out of the spectrum, but you know what? The offered way and all these tech accomplishments of new life are paying off for something which in any case cannot be heard by most human ears...

Exactly right, and down the line compression will improve to the point where we're not losing any audible frequencies. I'd venture to say within ten years streaming services will improve that last bit they need to sound lossless without being truly lossless, then even wireless headphones like the AirPods will sound incredible. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this design over future generations.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #162 of 709
Of course it's my point of view, but you don't add , based on my education of sound and direct experience.

I must add you are being silly referring to my kilos of vinyl and that being a problem. Aside from being a DJ, which I have
ripped most important play audio to at least 16/44 - for use in Serato - I don't lug around my records to listen to them.

The vinyl is the SOURCE material which then I make my digital files and playlists.

I listen mostly to music you won't find on Itunes, or any other digital subscription service, because it doesn't exist there.

When you have audio technology (bluetooth) that mangles vocals, drum cymbal sounds for example, it is immediately obsolete
when comparing to basic standards of audio which existed 30 years ago.

I do use several ipods and of course an Iphone I used with the airpods and have them loaded with digital music. Again, not lossy music, lossless.
When contrasting the same 16/44 (at least) audio with basic in ears like "marleys, or my studio reference headphones, the difference is clear compared
to the bluetooth 'magic' of the Airpods. A significant downgrade in quality (with the airpods) but it is masked in the compression and or frequency shaping designed to
boost certain frequencies to make up for it's capabilities of preseting audio neutral or as intended.

Yes everyone's post here is an opinion, but define what type of opinion. Educated, or emotional.

I haven't even touched on the health issues of bluetooth and other mHZ frequency emitters.

I ask again, does anyone have the data spec sheets of the Airpods? I notice silence with that request.
Anyone?

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #163 of 709
Of course it's my point of view, but you don't add , based on my education of sound and direct experience.

I must add you are being silly referring to my kilos of vinyl and that being a problem. Aside from being a DJ, which I have
ripped most important play audio to at least 16/44 - for use in Serato - I don't lug around my records to listen to them.

The vinyl is the SOURCE material which then I make my digital files and playlists.

I listen mostly to music you won't find on Itunes, or any other digital subscription service, because it doesn't exist there.

When you have audio technology (bluetooth) that mangles vocals, drum cymbal sounds for example, it is immediately obsolete

I do use several ipods and of course an Iphone I used with the airpods and have them loaded with digital music. Again, not lossy music, lossless.
When contrasting the same 16/44 (at least) audio with basic in ears like "marleys, or my studio reference headphones, the difference is clear compared
to the bluetooth 'magic' of the Airpods. A significant downgrade in quality (with the airpods) but it is masked in the compression and or frequency shaping designed to
boost certain frequencies to make up for it's capabilities of preseting audio neutral or as intended.

Yes everyone's post here is an opinion, but define what type of opinion. Educated, or emotional.

I haven't even touched on the health issues of bluetooth and other mHZ frequency emitters.

I ask again, does anyone have the data spec sheets of the Airpods? I notice silence with that request.
Anyone?

First of all you have no right addressing to me as being silly. You need to learn first some basic civilization manners and then throw your "educated" opinion in forums like this. Second of all, being a dj or a drummer, if you really are what you say, does not automatically make your opinion educated. Since I have also been occupying with electronic music production for many years, I have met many musicians who don't know anything about sound but they are just charismatic in composing or playing instruments.

Now to the point of AirPods. No one told you that AirPods are audiophile headphones. They are just amazingly easy to use everyday small speakers that can be a good companion to your ears. That's all! Why you need to blow the whole matter out of proportion is really beyond my logic. Yes, I admitted before that Bluetooth does not provide the spectrum as a cabled lossless solution does. So what? Who cares? Do I enjoy my Apple Music AAC files this way? Yes of course I do! Can I just put on my wireless iems or headphones or whatever, easily, wherever I travel and enjoy my music, which by the way very well exists on iTunes? Yes of course I can! Can I just leave my phone on my desk and walk around 40 meters away without being tied to the telephone and continue enjoying and dancing in the balcony or in the bathroom? Yes of course I can! Now what you are telling me about 16/44 and the rest are not relevant with what I and millions of other music lovers enjoy in this awesome AAC files sound approach. I don't care what and how some frequencies are boosted, as you say. I just care that I like how they did it and I enjoy it. And it seems that I am not alone in this!!

Finally regarding health and Bluetooth, before you spread speculations in internet, go and find a scientific proof from any university of the civilized world that proves that Bluetooth causes something, and then after finding it attach it here so that we can also read it. Be careful, I don't say that Bluetooth is harmless. I just say that there is no real scientific proof for anything harmful about it. So my dear "educated" dj, learn to speak only when you can prove something. Or otherwise just don't speak...

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #164 of 709

Anyone?

And one more thing that I forgot to write before: Can you and your "educated" point of view prove that the differences between Bluetooth and wires, which you claim existing, are audible from my and from the billions other humans' ears around the globe? No, you cannot! Congratulations for your "detailed" hearing but not all of us have or even care to have it...

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #165 of 709
Wow. So much hate for wireless/bluetooth devices.

When are people going to get over the fact that our technology has evolved to the point that wireless/bluetooth listening over wired listening should not have any difference in audible quality for listening purposes?
That stated, yes, the audio industry does not churn up its flagships in wireless yet but I feel it's mostly because most audiophile lovers (who are the consumers of higher end audio) strongly have bias of wired over wireless. Plus, at least until now, the 'graph' of audio quality of a wired headphone seems to be better on 'paper' over those of the 'graph' of audio quality of a wireless headphone at a similar investment.

That stated, I personally too (am unfortunately a victim of this) am part of this 'wired' cult but quite frankly, it's a bit silly. It's as silly as claiming pro-gamers need to use wired mouse since wireless mouse does not register as fast enough. And we all know in practice this is very off since professional gamers use wireless mouses all the time and have no problems with it.

Wow.
Strong hate here. 
Let me put my experience. Yes, I too hear the difference between wired and wireless headphones in sound quality. But despite that, this specific claim intrigued me:

Congratulations on vinyl as source material.
But does this really matter?
Honestly, I can barely hear the difference between MP3 and FLAC. Heck from 320 kbps MP3, telling the difference is like.. throwing a coin and praying for heads and tails.
Heck, even from 192kbps, I can't tell the difference and surely not in casual listening. In fact for casual listening, if the music is very well recorded, even a 128 kbps sounds 'normal' (not for comparison purposes but for general listening without caring much in which the music does not accentuate the lows and highs as much).
We all love the 'placebo' effect but seriously, I even tested with HD800 (not mine) in which even the friend admitted the file bitrate barely makes any sound difference. The upgrade in headphone/iem is more noticeable in sound quality than an upgrade in bitrates.

And audio technology has vastly improved from back 30 years ago.
I know cause I have MANY CDs of classical music (was pretty damn expensive back then).
It's full of air noises and all (especially in piano solos). If that type of recording is considered high quality, then yes, modern audio technology has greatly fallen by then. But then again, why use laptops? Go back to ENIACs!
Seriously, the elitism of 'past stuffs were better' is becoming more or less a joke.
The truth is, technology (including in audio) has evolved greatly in the past 30 years. Don't believe me? Just look around you.
There are still lots of faithful 'encyclopedia books were far better and modern technology degraded the knowledge available' cultists around. However, I personally believe the modern technology (wiki, etc.) are far better overall and I feel these cultists just couldn't accept the changes undergoing.

Anyways, audio technology (especially recording) has vastly improved from back then. I can testify a significant portion of past VINYL and CD records had lots of distortions in the recording itself cause while the quality might be 'flawless', the recorders back then were not up to par.
Maybe there were indeed recorders that could be up to par, but it was surely not available to the wide audience of musicians. It's like claiming supercomputers from 10 years ago were faster than regular laptops right now. 1. Comparison is pointless. 2. I doubt majority of computer users could even afford supercomputers. 3. Meh.

That stated, I do agree with you on one thing. As of right now, wired audio devices provide a noticeable difference in sound quality. But I feel it's mostly because there's not much money to be made in the wireless world over the 'bluetooth can never sound decent'. If my wireless computer can play real-time heavy games while also streaming multiple flac/videos, I see no problem how a simple device that only syncs in music would have much problems. And this is coming from a computer science/math major. We already achieved the technology like 20 years ago to get 'flac' quality on bluetooth devices. It's just that companies don't see much money to be made in that area anyways.
Just my thoughts. The wireless industry has just as much potential (if not more, who knows). Just give it time. If the consumers strongly prefer wireless, it would just be a matter of time before high ends come out in wireless instead of wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back