AirPods
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #46 of 709
For most of the youtube reviews stability in the ear does not seem to be an issue. When they release we will see more reviews. But I think they are slightly different from the wired ones, and not just the W1 chip.

Do you believe they will have better sound and more noise isolation than the wired ones?? Let's just hope so...What I have noticed with the new EarPods with lightning connector is that they present far less sound leakage than the previous ones with jack connector. As a result, for a strange reason since it's an open design, they seem to isolate more and thus you can hear more details even in noisy environments.

Let's wait and see how airpods will be...

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #47 of 709
I hope but doubt that the sound quality will be decent from these.  They have never ever put out good sounding earphones but obviously I hope that pattern is broken with these airpods.  I like that there is no wires and it connects easily, so the only factor for me is the sound quality, but I guess what's good about Apple is that you can return them for whatever reason and get a full refund.  So no risk in trying these to see if they'll fit the bill.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #48 of 709
  I hope but doubt that the sound quality will be decent from these.  They have never ever put out good sounding earphones but obviously I hope that pattern is broken with these airpods.  I like that there is no wires and it connects easily, so the only factor for me is the sound quality, but I guess what's good about Apple is that you can return them for whatever reason and get a full refund.  So no risk in trying these to see if they'll fit the bill.

I'm not sure what you expect from in-ear buds/pods vs other types of headphones? Convenience is probably the most wanted(?) feature, followed by sound quality and features. I'm not happy with the siri-only control for music but I can't say until I try them. I have 2 other BT headphones I use at home especially when I want good sound quality. But there's so many times when I'm out and about or doing some chores that earbuds/airpods just make sense. Probably 10 days to 2 weeks before their release and we can judge then.

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 709
As far as I've heard first impressions from brief demos state that they sound the same as EarPods. Too bad, I would be intrigued if they were higher-fidelity but I'm sure they used some higher-quality components in these. Maybe a better driver as well.

There are marketed for functionality, not sound quality unfortunately.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #50 of 709
I'm waiting it out for a better contender to come along and build something that brings this space to a whole new level. Now that the cat is out of the bag, that's bound to happen within a year I think. I'm following this one now https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-acoustically-stunning-wireless-headphones-audio--2#/

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #51 of 709
I'm waiting it out for a better contender to come along and build something that brings this space to a whole new level. Now that the cat is out of the bag, that's bound to happen within a year I think. I'm following this one now https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-acoustically-stunning-wireless-headphones-audio--2#/

Those look great. I'm genuinely considering a purchase. What credentials do they have though? I wouldn't want to be disappointed with subpar sound...

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #52 of 709
Those look great. I'm genuinely considering a purchase. What credentials do they have though? I wouldn't want to be disappointed with subpar sound...

I've started a new thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/825767

I can even see a Google ad for it on this window. I'm hesitant to prepare anything with no reviews to go on. The Braghi Dash looked great as well until all reviews pointed to an unfinished product.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #54 of 709
I have now listened to these for 10 hours straight. My review is on my blog gavinsgadgets today. After today, just use the menu, reviews, audio.

These do sound better than EarPods.

Any questions, fire away.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #55 of 709
I have now listened to these for 10 hours straight. My review is on my blog gavinsgadgets today. After today, just use the menu, reviews, audio.

These do sound better than EarPods.

Any questions, fire away.

How much better than the EarPods? Would you say they'd be adequate for an "audiophile"?

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #56 of 709
I'd still like to try these out but I know the fact that they have no remote will annoy me in the long run.  Plus I'm betting they're not going to sound as good as most of the competition.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #57 of 709
  I'd still like to try these out but I know the fact that they have no remote will annoy me in the long run.  Plus I'm betting they're not going to sound as good as most of the competition.

Reviews range from them sounding substantially better than the EarPods to a tad worse. lol

They really should've had the controls mimic the standard remote.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #58 of 709

Reviews range from them sounding substantially better than the EarPods to a tad worse. lol

They really should've had the controls mimic the standard remote.

Yeah I kind of expected that but I was hoping they'd done something with the sound. Oh well.  I mean if anyone had the money and resources to output something decent on the audio front, you'd think apple would but it seems they're content on bundling sub par earphones with their fantastic phones.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #60 of 709
  Yeah I kind of expected that but I was hoping they'd done something with the sound. Oh well.  I mean if anyone had the money and resources to output something decent on the audio front, you'd think apple would but it seems they're content on bundling sub par earphones with their fantastic phones.

I'm just waiting for them to put more R&D into Beats to create a new top-of-the-line headphone that genuinely rivals top audio brand. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back