AirPods
Sep 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #32 of 709
Via lightning cable through a port on the bottom of the case. But a battery in the case holds enough charge for 24 hours of listening even though the 'pods have a 5 hour battery life before they get put back in the case for recharging. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #34 of 709
 Love the attitude of apple followers. Apple can sell you guys anything. Good luck with the new product and hop you guys and gals are all happy with Beats and Apple.

yep. I'm always lurking head fi talking about how the air pods are better than my CIEMs. Especially love angering apple haters when i tell them that a product isn't as terrible as it looks.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #35 of 709
Some people are really angered when others are using different products and are satisfied haha. Sometimes a product is better for you because of different values. To each their own, there's enough market space for everyone.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #37 of 709
To be very honest if the AirPods actually does sound like they are worth the money, it could be a different story, and might be something to hype about.

...but right now it just looks like reusing the original design of the EarPods might be a sign that the AirPods would sound the same.

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #38 of 709
To be very honest if the AirPods actually does sound like they are worth the money, it could be a different story, and might be something to hype about.

...but right now it just looks like reusing the original design of the EarPods might be a sign that the AirPods would sound the same.

The main problem of the sound of original EarPods was the complete lack of low frequencies extension due to the fact that they do not seal at all in the ear. Other than that their sound was not bad. Since design of AirPods is identical and they do not seal as well, I can't see how they could perform better...I believe Apple should change the design and produce proper wireless iems with the W1 chip. Beats' 3 new HPs is a different story since they are either full size or cable connected BT iems...

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #39 of 709
The main problem of the sound of original EarPods was the complete lack of low frequencies extension due to the fact that they do not seal at all in the ear. Other than that their sound was not bad. Since design of AirPods is identical and they do not seal as well, I can't see how they could perform better...I believe Apple should change the design and produce proper wireless iems with the W1 chip. Beats' 3 new HPs is a different story since they are either full size or cable connected BT iems...

My problem with EarPods is that they fall right out of my ears after a couple minutes.

My only hope is that Apple will document the new protocol additions they did for the AirPods so someone who has an in-ear head can bring me the same functionality. The idea of having Siri always available and a 5-hour battery sounds quite nice. Plus automatically disconnecting when they are removed so your device switches over to its internal speaker is also pretty nice.

Does anyone know if the audio quality coming out of these is any good? I'd actually considering cutting the earbud head off and grafting on an in-ear head if they were.

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #40 of 709

Yeah that's been my worry from the start. In ear buds have a huge advantage for not having to worry so much about background noise. Immediate levels up from loose fitting plastic buds. At this price it's not acceptable to me. Not holding my breath they'll release a version with their in ear design. Apple consistently has a prescribed solution they avoid deviating from.

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #41 of 709
My problem with EarPods is that they fall right out of my ears after a couple minutes.

My only hope is that Apple will document the new protocol additions they did for the AirPods so someone who has an in-ear head can bring me the same functionality. The idea of having Siri always available and a 5-hour battery sounds quite nice. Plus automatically disconnecting when they are removed so your device switches over to its internal speaker is also pretty nice.

Does anyone know if the audio quality coming out of these is any good? I'd actually considering cutting the earbud head off and grafting on an in-ear head if they were.

Nearly every review I read mentioned the room after the keynote was too noisy to decern any quality, but they they sounded ok at a quick test. That should say all you need to know about noise isolation (none)

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #42 of 709
Nearly every review I read mentioned the room after the keynote was too noisy to decern any quality, but they they sounded ok at a quick test. That should say all you need to know about noise isolation (none)

Correct. But there was one journalist only who wrote that she could not hear a word from her colleague speaking next to her while listening to music (obviously Sia) during the keynote...And that sound out of them was lush and engaging. She was also rather positive about AirPods not falling out of her ear even after jumping or jogging in place!! You can find her comments easily around...

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #43 of 709
There's been a few decent quick reviews on YouTube regarding the AirPods. All I saw said they Did Not fall out when running or exercising. I'm not sure what people expect from Any in-ear pod. Getting quality sound and battery life from something so small is really hard to do.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #44 of 709
I like the move Apple made with these, and you know headphone manufacturers are going to build headphones to fit new, truly wireless devices. Of course they'll cost more too.

As for the Airpods, I haven't used them yet, but I have used Apple's regular earphones, and they always fall out of my ears. The design looks the same as the regular wired earphones, so I doubt these would be of any use for running or even a brisk walk. 

I'm sure they probably have a set of exercise Airpods in the works, especially considering their partnership with Nike. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #45 of 709
  I like the move Apple made with these, and you know headphone manufacturers are going to build headphones to fit new, truly wireless devices. Of course they'll cost more too.

As for the Airpods, I haven't used them yet, but I have used Apple's regular earphones, and they always fall out of my ears. The design looks the same as the regular wired earphones, so I doubt these would be of any use for running or even a brisk walk. 

I'm sure they probably have a set of exercise Airpods in the works, especially considering their partnership with Nike. 

For most of the youtube reviews stability in the ear does not seem to be an issue. When they release we will see more reviews. But I think they are slightly different from the wired ones, and not just the W1 chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back