AirPods Max
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5,371 of 5,629
Hello,
I have a little off topic question, but I hope someone can help me:
I have an audio file in 5.1 Flac and I want to use the vlc player on my iphone to listen to it in 5.1, but when I click on the airpods max headphones on my iphone there is only „stereo“.
Normally I use Infuse to listen to mkv files with 5.1 sound. It works very well and when I click on the airpods max I see „multichannel“. Unfortunately Infuse does not play Flac files.
Does anyone of you have an idea how to listen to Flac files in 5.1?

Jul 10, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #5,372 of 5,629
Hello,
I have a little off topic question, but I hope someone can help me:
I have an audio file in 5.1 Flac and I want to use the vlc player on my iphone to listen to it in 5.1, but when I click on the airpods max headphones on my iphone there is only „stereo“.
Normally I use Infuse to listen to mkv files with 5.1 sound. It works very well and when I click on the airpods max I see „multichannel“. Unfortunately Infuse does not play Flac files.
Does anyone of you have an idea how to listen to Flac files in 5.1?
Infuse does play FLAC but it does not recognize your audio being Dolby or DTS encoded. You may need to re-encode with Handbrake to work. I’ve also found Infuse support to be very helpful too.

Jul 14, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #5,375 of 5,629
My APMs, now 16 months old, are losing about 10 percent of their battery charge overnight. I use them for a couple of hours every day, so a full charge only lasts four or five days.

Is this on par with what others are experiencing?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #5,376 of 5,629
My APMs, now 16 months old, are losing about 10 percent of their battery charge overnight. I use them for a couple of hours every day, so a full charge only lasts four or five days.

I’ve seen mine lose about the same overnight before. Standby time doesn’t seem very consistent though. I charge mine 1-3 times a week depending on usage. Some people say that turning off “find my” for the AirPods Max helps, if that isn’t a feature you care to use.

Jul 14, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #5,377 of 5,629
Long time no post here.... so I bought the APM's about 4 months ago. I am using exclusively for spacial audio/Atmos movies going to a 2019 ATV4k unit. (no music)
Its pretty consistent that I am getting pops during everything I play.. Sometimes as often as every couple minutes or as least as maybe 3 times during a 2 hour movie. Any insight here on how to fix that? I have not updated to the latest firmware. (firmware 4C165, Model A2096, HW version 1.0.0)

Jul 15, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #5,378 of 5,629
I’ve seen mine lose about the same overnight before. Standby time doesn’t seem very consistent though. I charge mine 1-3 times a week depending on usage. Some people say that turning off “find my” for the AirPods Max helps, if that isn’t a feature you care to use.
Thanks for the feedback. Mine don't leave the house, so I'll try turning off "find my."

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #5,379 of 5,629

I've bought mine when they were released, with some usage at first, but now maybe once in two weeks or even less. Interestingly they don't loose much charge while living in their case (not the ugly original bra, but a Waterfield case that also includes those deep sleep inducing magnets). Just took them out to check and they are at 55%. I don't remember when I last charged them, must be quite a while.
Of course, batteries wear down... so if your unit is in constant use for 16 months it might show small signs of decreasing capacity. My iPhone, which I plug in every night, is still at 100% battery capacity after 9 months according to battery health though. At 1 year (when I normally sell my iPhones) they would be at 98-99%.
But loosing charge overnight might be totally unrelated to battery wear (which decreases capacity, i.e. reduces run time after a full charge). Maybe your APM simply doesn't sleep well enough, being awake too much?

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #5,380 of 5,629
I've bought mine when they were released, with some usage at first, but now maybe once in two weeks or even less. Interestingly they don't loose much charge while living in their case (not the ugly original bra, but a Waterfield case that also includes those deep sleep inducing magnets). Just took them out to check and they are at 55%. I don't remember when I last charged them, must be quite a while.
Of course, batteries wear down... so if your unit is in constant use for 16 months it might show small signs of decreasing capacity. My iPhone, which I plug in every night, is still at 100% battery capacity after 9 months according to battery health though. At 1 year (when I normally sell my iPhones) they would be at 98-99%.
But loosing charge overnight might be totally unrelated to battery wear (which decreases capacity, i.e. reduces run time after a full charge). Maybe your APM simply doesn't sleep well enough, being awake too much?
Yes, it does seem like they might simply be awake too much. Perhaps they are trying to connect to my Mac, which runs certain automated tasks overnight. None involve audio, but the fact that the computer is awake could mean the APM are trying to connect. I'll try shutting the Mac down for a few nights and see if that helps.

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #5,381 of 5,629
Long time no post here.... so I bought the APM's about 4 months ago. I am using exclusively for spacial audio/Atmos movies going to a 2019 ATV4k unit. (no music)
Its pretty consistent that I am getting pops during everything I play.. Sometimes as often as every couple minutes or as least as maybe 3 times during a 2 hour movie. Any insight here on how to fix that? I have not updated to the latest firmware. (firmware 4C165, Model A2096, HW version 1.0.0)

Odd. Sounds like the Bluetooth connection is cutting out for whatever reason.

I would definitely update your Max. They have considerably higher volume levels for Spatial Audio with the latest update.

You can get an Apple iPhone SE 1st Gen 2016 on Swappa for around $60. It's about the size of an iPod. Any carrier will work, because you will just be using it on Wi-Fi.

https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-se

Jul 15, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #5,382 of 5,629
Yes, it does seem like they might simply be awake too much. Perhaps they are trying to connect to my Mac, which runs certain automated tasks overnight. None involve audio, but the fact that the computer is awake could mean the APM are trying to connect. I'll try shutting the Mac down for a few nights and see if that helps.
Yes, something like that... Do you put them into a deep sleep case over night? In that case I'd expect them to not answer any requests, but who knows (except maybe Apple...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back