AirPods Max
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #4,756 of 5,629
Any updates on how AirPods Max performs with AppleTV4k for Atmos Movies. I don’t have beta updates and so cannot try it.
not interested in watching Movies on small ios devices.
I enjoy it quite a bit. It’s a little janky in that if you get up and move around a bit, say to the bathroom or kitchen, the spatial ness will take a hit as the software tries to reorient based on the direction you’re looking. Sometimes the spatial audio gets stuck in the wrong orientation as well. The fix is easy though — just pause and unpause with the volume button. Totally worth it. IMO.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,757 of 5,629
I enjoy it quite a bit. It’s a little janky in that if you get up and move around a bit, say to the bathroom or kitchen, the spatial ness will take a hit as the software tries to reorient based on the direction you’re looking. Sometimes the spatial audio gets stuck in the wrong orientation as well. The fix is easy though — just pause and unpause with the volume button. Totally worth it. IMO.
Granted not on tvOS, but the latest iOS beta update helped with the Spatial Audio (Apple Music) getting stuck with a weird orientation or just quitting altogether.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #4,758 of 5,629
Granted not on tvOS, but the latest iOS beta update helped with the Spatial Audio (Apple Music) getting stuck with a weird orientation or just quitting altogether.
Good to know. Not on the iOS beta here. Always more hesitant when it comes to the phone.

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #4,759 of 5,629
Good to know. Not on the iOS beta here. Always more hesitant when it comes to the phone.
Understandable. I’ve ran into some interesting bugs. Nothing that stopped usability of the phone though.

Aug 7, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #4,760 of 5,629
Any updates on how AirPods Max performs with AppleTV4k for Atmos Movies. I don’t have beta updates and so cannot try it.
not interested in watching Movies on small ios devices.
With last week's update they finally got the loudness at acceptable levels with Atmos -- at least with iTunes.

They already rumbled insanely well in certain scenes. Now they rumble so much, it feels like they may jump off one's ears. That's a good thing, if one is looking for a quasi-haptic experience. 👍

Vertical presence is represented quite nicely, too. Coupled with the 3D head tracking, it's 👍👍.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows...if you are use to open and airy headphones, these can be quite disconcerting and a bit claustrophobic.
I have tried this, but can‘t see the battery status, perhaps because I use the beta version of tv OS?
Should not matter, as I'm on the beta, too. Alternatively, though...

Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Output > Temporarily Audio Output

Then click whatever device is there and it should show the Airpods Max battery percentage on the next screen.

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #4,761 of 5,629

Then click whatever device is there and it should show the Airpods Max battery percentage on the next screen.
does not work, maybe I make some mistake, I only see the Volume bar.

Attachments

• 4A42A31B-4135-4FFA-B5FB-80C9130979AC.jpeg
    4A42A31B-4135-4FFA-B5FB-80C9130979AC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #4,762 of 5,629
Hello guys,

I bought AirPods Max. I tried to remove ear cushions (just to see how it works), but I got few tiny dust particles (4-5 on each ear cup) on knit mesh canopy. I tried to gently blow it out of my mouth with canopy facing down. I tried to use a tiny peace of paper to remove it. No luck. It maybe only cause more particles stick to canopy. Do you have any safe way to remove it or should I just leave it be? I guess it has absolutely no negative effect on anything, right?

Aug 8, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #4,763 of 5,629
Hello guys,

I bought AirPods Max. I tried to remove ear cushions (just to see how it works), but I got few tiny dust particles (4-5 on each ear cup) on knit mesh canopy. I tried to gently blow it out of my mouth with canopy facing down. I tried to use a tiny peace of paper to remove it. No luck. It maybe only cause more particles stick to canopy. Do you have any safe way to remove it or should I just leave it be? I guess it has absolutely no negative effect on anything, right?
No need to worry. Every time we set down our headphones, we get dust and other small particles in the ear cups. Apple provides instructions to clean the replaceable ear cups, but I am unsure if there are any specific instructions about the mesh fabric. This seems normal to me!

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #4,764 of 5,629
Guys, please, when I stop/pause a song (Spotify) and have ANC on, a couple times of day I can hear a sound like a light wind blowing in the right ear cup (very quietly). I'm sitting inside and there is an air vent blowing from the left side. Have anyone noticed this? It's always just in the right ear cup. When I push/press ear cup towards my head, it will desapear. So I don't know - could the "sound" be coming from my ear? :) Could this be caused by draught from the open windows (there are two open windows are on the right from and right back)? Very strange. Most of the time ANC is deadly silent. Thanks for any thoughts.

PS: Maybe just ANC software glitch? Or possibly faulty AirPods?

UPDATE: Tried to place the AirPods vice versa (left ear cup on right ear) and now I can hear it from the left (but actually from the same right ear cup)

EDIT 2: It not just me https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/comments/kdv730/airpod_max_hissing/

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #4,766 of 5,629
Guys, please, when I stop/pause a song (Spotify) and have ANC on, a couple times of day I can hear a sound like a light wind blowing in the right ear cup (very quietly). I'm sitting inside and there is an air vent blowing from the left side. Have anyone noticed this? It's always just in the right ear cup. When I push/press ear cup towards my head, it will desapear. So I don't know - could the "sound" be coming from my ear? :) Could this be caused by draught from the open windows (there are two open windows are on the right from and right back)? Very strange. Most of the time ANC is deadly silent. Thanks for any thoughts.

PS: Maybe just ANC software glitch? Or possibly faulty AirPods?

UPDATE: Tried to place the AirPods vice versa (left ear cup on right ear) and now I can hear it from the left (but actually from the same right ear cup)

EDIT 2: It not just me https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/comments/kdv730/airpod_max_hissing/
Check for water in the housing. The only time I've run into this was when I had the condensation issue. Though that's mostly gone away due to the weather being warm and the headphones being used in a dry environment.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #4,768 of 5,629
With last week's update they finally got the loudness at acceptable levels with Atmos -- at least with iTunes.

They already rumbled insanely well in certain scenes. Now they rumble so much, it feels like they may jump off one's ears. That's a good thing, if one is looking for a quasi-haptic experience. 👍

Vertical presence is represented quite nicely, too. Coupled with the 3D head tracking, it's 👍👍.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows...if you are use to open and airy headphones, these can be quite disconcerting and a bit claustrophobic.

I hope we can turn off head tracking on AppleTV4k as an option. Do you know if this is possible?
I mainly want to use for Movies on streaming services.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #4,769 of 5,629
Finally completed my comparison with the PX7.

I decided to take a different approach, and wholly use the PX7 for a month, then the APM, and note down the differences in my experience.

What I noticed is I listened to much more portable music on the APM, convenience and comfort just led to me naturally using them more often at moments when I wouldn’t touch the PX7. This for me, is a huge plus in favour of the APM. It’s almost crazy how much it changes how i used the item

Sound, initially I felt like I may prefer the PX7. But after time with both, I’m convinced the APM does a better job. I’m not going to bother doing a systematic breakdown of the sound, just broadly, the APM are more exciting, clearer, and just more fun than the PX7. The PX7 are warmer and more luscious.

The controls on the APM blow the PX7 out of the water. Same for my last bluetooths, the Momentum 3, the APM are a joy to use.

ANC, we all know that story.

So for me, having owned the Momentum 3 for 2 months as my main BT headphone, PX7 for the same duration, and MW65 for 2 weeks, the APM are by far and away the best ANC headphone on every metric.

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #4,770 of 5,629
I hope we can turn off head tracking on AppleTV4k as an option. Do you know if this is possible?
I mainly want to use for Movies on streaming services.
I would assume there is away to turn off Spatial Audio on the Apple TV. I’m not sure how it’s done though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back