AirPods Max
May 13, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #3,946 of 5,629
After waiting months for it to ship from the UK to the US (both postal services did stuff to delay delivery!) I finally received this headphone stand. It has magnets inside to put the headphones to sleep. Also a hole in the bottom to guide cables in. The stand is designed to be more universal though (not just for APM).

062EA8D4-7769-41AD-802C-16E9F0BB02E4.jpeg

May 13, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #3,947 of 5,629
After waiting months for it to ship from the UK to the US (both postal services did stuff to delay delivery!) I finally received this headphone stand. It has magnets inside to put the headphones to sleep. Also a hole in the bottom to guide cables in. The stand is designed to be more universal though (not just for APM).
Very nice, do you have a link? Interested myself

May 13, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #3,948 of 5,629
Very nice, do you have a link? Interested myself
It's not a cheap stand FYI (at the same time neither is the APM :p). But it's here on Etsy. Ships from the UK. You might be able to find similar stuff for cheaper. There is no magnetic charging (which is something a lot of other stands of this nature are boasting); you just guide a normal Lightning cable up from underneath. It's not form fit to the APM as it was designed as a universal headphone stand first; magnets added as an afterthought for APM sleep mode support.

May 13, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #3,949 of 5,629
It's not a cheap stand FYI (at the same time neither is the APM :p). But it's here on Etsy. Ships from the UK. You might be able to find similar stuff for cheaper. There is no magnetic charging (which is something a lot of other stands of this nature are boasting); you just guide a normal Lightning cable up from underneath. It's not form fit to the APM as it was designed as a universal headphone stand first; magnets added as an afterthought for APM sleep mode support.
Wonderful, thank you!

May 13, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #3,950 of 5,629
For those of you using the Audiogram feature in Headphone Accomodations for your APMs, the mimi app used for the hearing test now has the AirPods Pro as a calibrated headphone to do the test with. I just retook the hearing test in the Mimi App with the AirPods Pro and I found it much easier to do than with the older Airpods and applied the resulting audiogram to the AirPods Max. I found the results to be quite satisfying. As an older audiophile I have mild hearing loss especially in the higher frequencies and, for me, the AirPods Max sound is nicely improved with the new audiogram.

May 13, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,951 of 5,629
For those of you using the Audiogram feature in Headphone Accomodations for your APMs, the mimi app used for the hearing test now has the AirPods Pro as a calibrated headphone to do the test with. I just retook the hearing test in the Mimi App with the AirPods Pro and I found it much easier to do than with the older Airpods and applied the resulting audiogram to the AirPods Max. I found the results to be quite satisfying. As an older audiophile I have mild hearing loss especially in the higher frequencies and, for me, the AirPods Max sound is nicely improved with the new audiogram.
Makes sense as the APM is closer in tonality to the APP than the AP. Though it would be nice to actually have the APM as a calibrated headphone in the app. Has anyone contacted the developers to ask if this is planned? If they just now got the APP in the app, it'll probably be a while before the APM is included (knowing the APP took like 3 years).

May 13, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #3,952 of 5,629
Rumor has it we could see the release of AirPods 3 and hi-fi Apple Music this Tuesday, the 18th.

The AirPods 3 would be the successor to the normal AirPods but with a shape that more resembles the AirPods Pro. And the new Apple Music tier is supposedly coming at no additional cost.

We shall see if this comes to fruition.

May 14, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #3,953 of 5,629
I had the XM4, then the Senn M3 and finally APM. Sony to my ears is another example of bloated and exaggerated bass, skewing other frequencies, far worse than the one on M3. But as I said before, every pair of ears has a different story to tell 😉! I have to point out again here that I am talking only about factory sound, not eq. I never eq headphones so I can inform only about my humble opinion on house sound. As far as I have read, the Sony gets a lot better with eq, so maybe that’s your use case as well...
XM4 has standard Sony house sound so really anyone who likes Z7 and Z1R would be okay with them.

May 14, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #3,954 of 5,629
XM4 has standard Sony house sound so really anyone who likes Z7 and Z1R would be okay with them.
That’s the thing when using LDAC even on my A55 DAP. No bloated bass. It’s all just evened out, no hiss in the background and a few have said the Max have a bit of background noise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

May 14, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #3,955 of 5,629
That’s the thing when using LDAC even on my A55 DAP. No bloated bass. It’s all just evened out, no hiss in the background and a few have said the Max have a bit of background noise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

LDAC won't change the FR curve of the XM4 to any significant degree.
For what it's worth I found the APM's background noise the least annoying of all the ANC over-ears I've owned in the last few months (including XM4, Bose 700, etc.), for various reasons.

The FR curve between Sony's products differs too much for the brand to have any "house sound" (same applies to most HP brands).

May 14, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #3,956 of 5,629
LDAC won't change the FR curve of the XM4 to any significant degree.
For what it's worth I found the APM's background noise the least annoying of all the ANC over-ears I've owned in the last few months (including XM4, Bose 700, etc.), for various reasons.

The FR curve between Sony's products differs too much for the brand to have any "house sound" (same applies to most HP brands).
Totally agree. Bose QC3’s background noise is ok too…

But the Sony XMs with their bloated messy bass… no thanks. Although there are some who do not care about quality and detail, and just want head banging amounts of bass~

May 14, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #3,957 of 5,629
Totally agree. Bose QC3’s background noise is ok too…

But the Sony XMs with their bloated messy bass… no thanks. Although there are some who do not care about quality and detail, and just want head banging amounts of bass
There are also people (like me) who don't care about audio quality of ANC headphones at all, but prioritize comfort and ANC performance over anything else.

May 14, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #3,958 of 5,629
Rumor has it we could see the release of AirPods 3 and hi-fi Apple Music this Tuesday, the 18th.

The AirPods 3 would be the successor to the normal AirPods but with a shape that more resembles the AirPods Pro. And the new Apple Music tier is supposedly coming at no additional cost.

We shall see if this comes to fruition.

It’s looking like this is false. A more reliable leaker just came out and put the brakes on this rumor.

May 14, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #3,959 of 5,629
There are also people (like me) who don't care about audio quality of ANC headphones at all, but prioritize comfort and ANC performance over anything else.
I’ve got the app tailored with the XM4 to the desired sound and it isn’t muddled with bass. Happy with the results as it gives practice to listen to what frequencies get boosted. Apple should offer more customization for the Max especially at its price. Having 20 years of playing classic piano and some jazz on the side, it gave me a new found life with all my headphones always finding the little nuances whether wired or wireless. I just expected more from Apple for the price. Still, they’ll probably come out with some more updates to keep improving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back