AIMP2(Best PC audio player!?)
Feb 11, 2010 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Nirvana1000

500+ Head-Fier
Best Free PC audio player I've ever heard.Forget Monkey,Foobar,Winamp and any others.Never hear my PC music sound so good.And the plug ins are fantastic and all available for free.AIMP2: Home Page Plugin Packs AIMP2 MegaPack v2.60.530.2 (22.01.2010) - AIMP2 Packs - Каталог файлов - AIMP2 Packs: Ñборки плеера AIMP2 и дополнений
darthsmile.gif
It's Russian,so you will need Google Translation.
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleFestive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it stack up against CMP/CPLAY?

Never heard it.What does CMP stand for.

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

cics Memory Player/cics Play. They combine to become cMP². Check out the site for more info: cMP² | Main / HomePage

You do know that the audio data stream that goes from you player to the DAC is ALREADY stored in the RAM whatever the player you use, right?

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #8 of 34
Yes.I've also changed to ASIO4ALL Version 2.And i'm also using the D2 with dual DACs.But it's the awesome DSP plugins that give you total control of enhancement.This player definitely has some great plugins to play around with,to tune them to sound really good.And some really cool skins also.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 34
Khaos974, Ihave to respectfully disagree with you. I think you'll find most if not all other players function by constantly emptying and refilling the buffers, accompanied by a series of Hard Drive seeks. You can verify this by observing the HDD access light while playing a song in MM or Foobar, you'll find an almost constant stream of small accesses. This process, along with all the other processes going on in your comp is a source of jitter.

cPlay differs by loading an entire song memory resident and loading the buffers from memory while playing. You can verify this by again observing the HDD light. There is one access while the song is loaded and then no more til the next song comes up.

cMP goes a step further. It unloads all non essential programs from memory, loads an entire cue sheet of songs at once and plays them back. There is one seek as it loads and no more til the entire sheet is played.
While using cMP, your comuter is a dedicated player. You can't surf the web, check email, play games etc. But the sound is amazing!

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 34
Well i have not got the chance to listen to CMP yet,because most of my files are mp3 instead of Flac and Wav and is kinda complicated to set up.And i tried setting it up and it didn't recognize my D2 DAC.I can see why it's considered an "audiophile" player,because of the way it delivers a "bit perfect" signal with very low jitter.But with the Aimp2 Dee DSP enhancer the sound output especially the bass is fantastic with my Klipsch Pro Medias.It does share a couple of Winamp Plugins.And it's a cinch to set up.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 34
Just installed cPlay and cMP. cPlay sounds good, but the interface is a bit lacking, especially the fact that i cant jump to a particular point in the track. Any workarounds? also, i cant seem to queue media files :s

On a side note, the aimp2 uses ASIO?

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Khaos974, Ihave to respectfully disagree with you. I think you'll find most if not all other players function by constantly emptying and refilling the buffers, accompanied by a series of Hard Drive seeks. You can verify this by observing the HDD access light while playing a song in MM or Foobar, you'll find an almost constant stream of small accesses. This process, along with all the other processes going on in your comp is a source of jitter.

cPlay differs by loading an entire song memory resident and loading the buffers from memory while playing. You can verify this by again observing the HDD light. There is one access while the song is loaded and then no more til the next song comes up.

cMP goes a step further. It unloads all non essential programs from memory, loads an entire cue sheet of songs at once and plays them back. There is one seek as it loads and no more til the entire sheet is played.
While using cMP, your comuter is a dedicated player. You can't surf the web, check email, play games etc. But the sound is amazing!

While some applications choose to buffer a song in ram before playback, this really has no effect in terms of jitter (timing irregularities between data sent/received and/or clocking irregularities). Data is read quickly enough from hard disks and sent across enough interfaces that it realistically doesn't matter how much you buffer. Remember, there's still the southbridge, audio interface (sound card or USB controller) and digital receiver that all do a small amount of buffering (usually just enough that bits aren't lost).

As for a DSP and filters being "best" for audio, that's really up to the person, I'm into reproduction, not modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back