AIAIAI TMA-1 Beatport Edition
Jun 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:
Nice headphone, but what's the difference between 'the beatport edition', the foolsgold edition' and the traditional edition? Besides the color of course?
wink.gif

Just colors.

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 30
I'm not sure about the Beatport edition, but I know that there IS a difference between the TMA-1 and the Fools Gold Edition. The detachable cables are actually able to be locked in on the Fools Gold, while the cable can easily be pulled out on the TMA-1. It's useful for DJing. Also, the Fools Gold has a 90-degree angled jack, whereas the TMA-1 originally had a straight jack. More recently, I think they changed them to all have angled jacks though.

Jun 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 30
I don't know whether it is a recent adaptation, but I have my original tma-1 for 5 months now. And the lock on the jack in the headphone is there. When I twist it, it is locked. So, I can't pull the jack out of my headphone without twisting it first. I my tma-1 has also that 90-degree angled jack. As far as I know the only difference is the yellow color of the wire, the name 'fools gold' on the ear cups and the price. When was the last time that you see original tma-1?

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #21 of 30
It looks like the Beatport edition only comes with the coiled 1.7m cable, and no straight cable (no mic, either).

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 30
Comparing these to the Beats Pro, Im leaning towards the beats pro. I picked them up on the monster refurb store for $175 so cost is about the same. I was looking for a bass heavy high energy set of cans to enjoy some eletronic and hip hop music. The Beats Pro arent perfect but seemingly less veiled than the tam-1 beatport. Do these tma-1 open up at all with burn in? As of now, Im truly unimpressed. For these to be "bassy" headphones, I find them lacking, they are overly warm, with some punch but no true depth. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #26 of 30
You're right, the tma-1 hasn't so much bass as the pro's, but that wasn't the main target of AIAIAI. They wanted to built an overall dj headphone. With my tma-1, I can listen to everything I want but with the pro's I can't. Eerything is overbassed, for some music that's a pre, but that's only 5% of the music.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:
You're right, the tma-1 hasn't so much bass as the pro's, but that wasn't the main target of AIAIAI. They wanted to built an overall dj headphone. With my tma-1, I can listen to everything I want but with the pro's I can't. Eerything is overbassed, for some music that's a pre, but that's only 5% of the music.

did you notice the tma-1 open up in the high end at all with use? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back