AiAiAi Swirl Earphones
Jul 30, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #17 of 45
What the F?! Look at this creepy picture they have on AC of a guy wearing them:

mller%20full.jpg

Some kind of joke?!? Patrick is that you?

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 45
That really is a creepy picture - but hey actualy got me a pair the other day. And gotta say they way worth the $$...

Really comfy and supringsly good sound - the coolest thing though is this thing hat they go over your ears (kinda in the back) so the weight is carried there - which means that they're much lighter and tons more comfy than any other I've had...

and come on the design.... cooolio - really sets you apart, got folks asking me about them right and left..

Can only recommend them at the highest level!!!!

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #21 of 45
"Really comfy and supringsly good sound - the coolest thing though is this thing hat they go over your ears (kinda in the back) so the weight is carried there - which means that they're much lighter and tons more comfy than any other I've had..."

I bought a pair of the AIAIAI earphones in berlin about 10 days ago, and to be honest i mainly did it because of the looks - i think the design is very cool.
I do not totaly agree on the sound quality, i think it is quite average with a lot of bass but it could use some more treble.
On the buttom line your experience with these earphones depends on what you are looking for. If you a looking for hi-fi you can get more value in other brands but if you are looking for design this is a great piece in my opinion and i have already have quite a lot of people giving me good comments on the looks of them, actually i think these earphones are more of a fashion accessory than a tech thing which is also made clear by the very cool clear tube they are packed in which makes them ideal for fashion stores - if this is not what you are looking for i would not recomend them

Aug 9, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #22 of 45
Sorry, but those look terrible.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but those look terrible.
biggrin.gif

Kind of reminds me of an orange amp head...

thunderverb_big.jpg

Aug 9, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #24 of 45
If you're looking at fashion phones for that price, get the V-Moda Vibes. The look better, probably sound better, and have customer service you can trust. Even if the sound quality is debated on this site, I wouldn't bet against the Vibes if they were up against these.

Aug 19, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #25 of 45
I just got a set of these the other day as I was curious. In fact, I'm listening to them right now...

Firstly, The Good Points:
I like the look. Clearly this is total personal taste, but I'm all about the whole Fisher Price Special Forces thing.
They do appear decently put together and there's not much chance of the cable tangling as it's about 3mm diameter.
Due to the fact they loop over the top of the ear, they are comfortable and feel secure in/on my ears at all times.
The bass is deep and reasonably well controlled, which leads neatly on to...

The Bad Points:
The tops and middles are warm to the extent of being woolly (In fairness, I've only run them in for a couple of hours so far and they have improved, but they're still not good enough) and are a touch overpowered by the bass.
After postage, they cost me about GBP40.

I didn't expect them to sound as good as other 40 quid phones as I knew I was paying for the way they look, but I hoped they'd sound as good as something around the 25 pound mark - in my opinion, so far, they don't sound as good as my outgoing V-Moda Bass Freqs (knackered cable after six months) or my old AT ATH-CK5s (lost).

I'll give them a few weeks and report back if there's any marked improvement. If not, I think they might find their way onto Ebay and I'll attack the V-Modas with the soldering iron.

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #26 of 45
Nice review and first post! I dig them as well, and am enjoying them as my 'toss in my bag' headphones and am really loving their toughness.

The one drawback is the foam tips that come with them are too cone-shaped and i cannot get a good fit, so I am using the deep-reaching rubber tips. Plus, they are a odd size and it seems other foam tips will not fit them.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #28 of 45
Thanks dozens! I've had them on for another couple of hours today. Still loving the looks and the comfort, but overall the sound's not doing it for me. Except on the last Dntel album, which for some reason sounds fantastic through them (possibly because there's not much bass to get in the way of everything else).

As for the foam tip problem - you could try and make your own? Pierce a hole through some foam earplugs (E.A.Rsoft or the like, pence from your local safety equipment shop) with a knitting needle and see what happens. If it doesn't work, you've wasted about 50p and if it does you're laughing...

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kind of reminds me of an orange amp head...

thunderverb_big.jpg

that's a compliment, right? since Orange amps are pretty awesome.
--

heh, put me in the corner for liking the looks of the Aiaiai's as well. definitely more FUN than all the other iems i have. thought about picking them up as well along w/ a pair of Lime green Zumreed Mag Lite earphones at audiocubes.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #30 of 45
I also have the AIAIAI (black) swivel. Appearance wise, it does look good, subject to personal taste. The wires are pretty thick and would prefer if they were thinner. I don't think the coil has any function but it does make you look like an agent.
biggrin.gif

It is well made and comfortable to wear although the tips provided are not very supportive. There are three different sizes to choose from. (1. Foam, 2. Plastic flange and an extended one)

Sound quality wise, its not very detailed although there is sufficient bass. I actually prefer my cheap Creative EP-630i over these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back